Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Non Smokers: What Do You Use Your Ashtray For?

japthree

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a smoker, as is my girlfriend.

But still the smell of a an ash tray in a confined space is horrible, so I do not use my ashtray as an ashtray!

I tend to use it for holding little bits and pieces, bolts/screws that are usually loose due to me being half way throu modifying something!

Currently in my ashtray are the standard orange bulbs removed from my instrument display to fit blue LEDs.

On a side note, I have an ashtray from a Mazda (RX8 I think) that closes and seals really well, fits in the cup holder when in use and gets thrown under the seat when not.

Does anyone know if you can get a nice aux cover for the cigarette lighter socket instead of having the lighter itself?

My missus has a Fiesta that has a nice plastic cover, I keep meaning to try that and see if it fits...

What I would really like is to replace the ashtray with some kind of dock for my iPod Nano. That would be really cool. Wiring in power underneath from the cigarette lighter too!

Does anyone know if you can get a nice aux cover for the cigarette lighter socket instead of having the lighter itself?

My missus has a Fiesta that has a nice plastic cover, I keep meaning to try that and see if it fits...

I think you can get them, but don't know where from. I trawled around on the Internet a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find one (other than strange light-up ones that I didn't like the look of).

I'd like to get one myself because my cigarette lighter doesn't seem to fit properly, it's a bit too tight. I wonder if it's an aftermarket one due to the original having got lost ?

I think you can get them, but don't know where from. I trawled around on the Internet a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find one (other than strange light-up ones that I didn't like the look of).

I'd like to get one myself because my cigarette lighter doesn't seem to fit properly, it's a bit too tight. I wonder if it's an aftermarket one due to the original having got lost ?

I got one from Chris (Aztecbandit) at JAE, think if you asked him nicely he might be able to get more :winky:

Hertz have replaced all the ciggy lighters in their hire cars with a plastic 'power point' cover. My 250 has one just like it :whistling:

I got one from Chris (Aztecbandit) at JAE, think if you asked him nicely he might be able to get more :winky:

Thanks, PM on its way to Chris :)

That's weird though, I posted this reply and it seemed to disappear, so this is a re-post. That happened to me yesterday too on another thread :huh:

Just replied mate :D

But still the smell of a an ash tray in a confined space is horrible, so I do not use my ashtray as an ashtray!

So are you one of those smokers that drives with the window open so that the driver behind can enjoy the stink of smoke and then lobs your butt on the road?

So are you one of those smokers that drives with the window open so that the driver behind can enjoy the stink of smoke and then lobs your butt on the road?

The roof open more often than the window, though I smoke "rollies" which don't stick so badly, and only maybe 5 a day, and not usually while driving. I don't throw the butts in the road, that is why I have an ashtray! Are you one of those non-smokers who think all smokers are *****?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links