Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Sidelight Bulbs To Match Standard Hid Colour?

jizaah

Hi, quite new to LOC, really impressed with the mass of info.

I've tried some sidelight bulb upgrades, but none of those I've tried match the colour of HID lights (standard factory-fitted), as you may have seen on the new E-class. Any suggestions? Thanks :crybaby:

Umm, isn't there going to be a problem, because it depends on the colour temperature of your HIDs ? The OP seems to be asking about factory-fitted HIDs, which are presumably around 4500K, whereas a lot of people go for 6000K after-market HIDs, which will be a different colour ?

What colour temp HIDs do these LEDs match ?

I've used that same seller before for some different (rear fog) LEDs. Delivery was a bit slow but got the item ok.

I've got some different LED sidelights on order myself (although they've been on order for an absolute age), will be interesting to see how they look with my HIDs.

• 2 weeks later...
Umm, isn't there going to be a problem, because it depends on the colour temperature of your HIDs ? The OP seems to be asking about factory-fitted HIDs, which are presumably around 4500K, whereas a lot of people go for 6000K after-market HIDs, which will be a different colour ?

What colour temp HIDs do these LEDs match ?

I've used that same seller before for some different (rear fog) LEDs. Delivery was a bit slow but got the item ok.

I've got some different LED sidelights on order myself (although they've been on order for an absolute age), will be interesting to see how they look with my HIDs.

How did you get on? These seem too white to match my 8000k HIDs :unsure:

How did you get on? These seem too white to match my 8000k HIDs :unsure:

Those ones were fine colour-wise with my 6000K HIDs. I also got some inverted white LEDs as an alternative, and they're fine too.

I would wonder if they'd be too white for 8000K HIDs, as you say. I can't tell for sure since I don't have 8000K HIDs.

If you like I could post you one (a white inverted LED) to try out, if you want to PM me your address.

I've used this seller quite a few time and never had a problem with any of there products , but the down side is they post from Hong Kong so do take a bit of time to arrive, but have always recieved what i've paid for. :)

Finally received them today...but still find that the bulbs are a little too blue compared to the factory-fit HIDs. I've also tried PIAA and Prism "white" sidelight bulbs, but they too are also too blue. Has anybody come across true white LED bulbs, or do they not yet exist? I'm probably going to give up the hunt :sad:

I bought some of those 25LED ones that Chris suggested at the beginning.

Looking at the purchases of that item seems that you did too, and so did 84stoney.

They look slightly Whiter (certainly not Blue) than HID kit recently fitted to my car (labelled as 4500k on the box & 4300k on each lamp container).

As a result I'd assumed these LED's were pretty much a match for 6000k as others have already said.

TG

Looking at the purchases of that item seems that you did too, and so did 84stoney.

They look slightly Whiter (certainly not Blue) than HID kit recently fitted to my car (labelled as 4500k on the box & 4300k on each lamp container).

As a result I'd assumed these LED's were pretty much a match for 6000k as others have already said.

TG

Agree, they are whiter and they would match with 6000k....but, as suggested earlier, the factory-fit HIDs are probably 4500k or lower in rating scale and that's probably why they're not matching. I might keep testing n trying :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

TG

Agree, they are whiter and they would match with 6000k....but, as suggested earlier, the factory-fit HIDs are probably 4500k or lower in rating scale and that's probably why they're not matching. I might keep testing n trying :whistling:

Finally, joy upon joy...came across some PIAA Tera LED sidelight bulbs (4500k), tried them and they're perfect :D. They're a little costly, but come highly recommended if you wish to match your sidelights to factory-fit HIDs. Case closed :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links