Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fifth Gear 08/09/08 --- Is-f V M3 ---

Just follow the link on the first post you can watch the face off right there... :winky:

cool thanks ... :)

i think they should both drove each car and compare times then... or gave Senna a go in each

GTR is fab though.... if i won the lotto i'd be more inclined now more than ever :) (sorry Lexus)

Who was driving the M3 and the IS-F?

I've seen a few tests on Fifth Gear where cars should have won didn't, because Tiff was driving, and Plato was driving the other one!

Plato=IS-F

Tiff=M3

Hmm, right. The M3 must be a lot quicker then if Plato was driving the IS-F. Either that or Plato had a big wad of bank notes off BMW in his back pocket!

I really don't know what I'd choose (given the chance). I think the IS-F is the classier looking car, and if it's got an engine with good accessible power across the rev range then I'd prefer that over the M3, which is more hardcore and would need a bit more revving.

On the previous generation 3-series I always thought I'd prefer a nice 330Ci over the M3.

That young kid in the GTR should have done it hes well cool ;)

That young kid was Bruno Senna - he had an Uncle Ayrton who was a bit handy behind the wheel too.

The show was not very good, and when they say a ISF is just like a Lexus, I can think of only one thing - possibly they were talking about the steering. I had just been skating everywhere in an M3 (2003 model before buying the IS) and compared to my IS the steering is what allows you to drive it properly. It was just like the one in the programme competition but insurance was doing me in.

You cannot compare really anything to M3. The steering is a living being! Lexus is a different type, BMW is a different type.

I haven't driven a new shape M3 or the ISF, but that is one area where BMW is King - the feedback of steering wheel is so perfect in almost all BMW's since the 1970's and one reason why they called it the Ultimate driving Machine. Even if new ISF is better than new M3, people have stereo'd views and you will never win the arguements.

It is true that Tiff was driving in a more sporty way. May be that is why the girls liked it (and what did they really know? The looked un intelligent :shutit: )

Ayrton Senna said in 1993 his nephew would be world champion one day, he will of course, I'm sure. They should have let him drive the cars back to back (M3 and Lex) rather than making fun. Top Gear will be same - they don't like Lexus too.

And yes - GTR is a killing machine! I want one.

I think this was just a bit of fun. I doubt any of us are going to drive our cars around in such a fashion. What's important is not how it performs moving sideways around an airfield, but how it drives on the road, in the same direction as the wheels. Watching that programme hasn't made he wish I had either a Lexus IS-F or a BMW M3. I choose my cars by how they perform on the roads in traffic, not on an empty airfield. Such performance would be purely theoretical if we owned one of these cars.

I think this was just a bit of fun. I doubt any of us are going to drive our cars around in such a fashion. What's important is not how it performs moving sideways around an airfield, but how it drives on the road, in the same direction as the wheels. Watching that programme hasn't made he wish I had either a Lexus IS-F or a BMW M3. I choose my cars by how they perform on the roads in traffic, not on an empty airfield. Such performance would be purely theoretical if we owned one of these cars.

oh dear I think I had better sell mine (NOT)

• 2 weeks later...

This so called road test is a joke, how can you accurately determine the track time when you are sat in the car with the stop watch?

What happened to doing it properly like Top Gear? This is a joke, 5th gear have probably done this because the IS-F was faster and better round the track.

This so called road test is a joke, how can you accurately determine the track time when you are sat in the car with the stop watch?

What happened to doing it properly like Top Gear? This is a joke, 5th gear have probably done this because the IS-F was faster and better round the track.

I agree and also did you notice how long and hard Tiff tried to do those do - nuts etc with the M3, after the same amount of time as the F, the heart rate was below with the M3, after which Tiff continued doing do-nuts to try and get it higher than the F, totally biased.

Yes fair enough the M3 has more legroom in the back then the F, but come on, this was no test it was biased towards the M3.

Having said that full credit to Lexus F for delivering what they have delivered in their first attempt!

Pitty the dumb asses have not yet decided to launch the Ultrasonic Blue in the UK, Imagine seeing a Blue IS F at the lights with those Gun Metal Grey alloys - a truly awesome sight!!!!

Yep definitely biased, at the end of the day the M3 had to win as they had an M3 as the competition car...........

Even so, the IS-F really did look to handle like a pig compared to the M3 so probably the rightful winner of that test. I'd still prefer an IS-F day to day, but on a track, the M3 clearly has the edge.

Yep definitely biased, at the end of the day the M3 had to win as they had an M3 as the competition car...........

Even so, the IS-F really did look to handle like a pig compared to the M3 so probably the rightful winner of that test. I'd still prefer an IS-F day to day, but on a track, the M3 clearly has the edge.

The M3 looked more stable no doubt, but I'm not so sure in terms of Lap Times, I hear even though the F might look a bit difficult to handle it is actually quicker around a track.

Oh latest news expect an IS F Convertable to be released end of 2009 or early 2010.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links