Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This Is Really Getting Annoying Now!

D Robbo

I keep being told by some people and friends that my car is an "old mans car" and this is really begining to p**s me off, because there is nothing about the car which says its an "old mans car" and with me being only 24 years old its a little upsetting to have my car tagged with that sort of name. :angry:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you decided to keep yours it would quite possibly last until you get to be an "old man" which their cars probably wouldn't. What cars do these blinkered individuals own ?

Sorry but the IS200 is an old mans car. Its nowhere near as nice to drive or stylish as a BMW 3 series, not as comfy or refined as a C Class, and not as "bling" or as good looking as an Audi A4.

However its much better car, better standard options list, good engine, excellent reliability, very good build quality and in terms of looks its aged a lot better than any of it rivals.

I have taken all this abuse too, as I'm 21. Most of my mates have Golf Gti's, Clio Sports and other simialar euro hot hatches, but there really not for me. My IS200 makes me feel a million dollars, its nearly 10 years old and still drives and feels like a 25k car.

My mate tried to tell me it was an old mans car. And she drives a Subaru. If my IS is an old mans car, then her WRX is a framers car!

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the opinions of those driving cheap eauropean tat. What do they know of cars!

Maybe you should get some new friends!

(That may be a little too extreme!)

I don't get this, the IS is not an old mans car at all, the larger Lexus cars are, but not the IS in the slightest. Having said that I've had the car since 19, and had nothing but compliments, so perhaps people outside London view it differently? :unsure:

Average european cars, peugeots, vauxhalls, VW's nothing special

Haha, so why exactly are you listening to these people - tell them to get a proper car and then talk :P

I would have to agree, It is an olds man car.

I am 29, what people think doesn't matter, it is what you want. I think the IS200 is great, for what it is.

It is not the fastest thing out there, but it still goes ok. It is very smooth, quiet, sporty looking, handles well.

The reason it is underpowered is because if it had more ponies under the hood we would all be getting speeding tickets. haha

Still it has enough grunts, for me anyway. My last car was an R34 GTR (Nissan Skyline) it was a great car, but I have not been a bit disappointed in the Lexus IS200. Yes, not as fast, but the Lexus is a great car.

To me is, the reason why your friends think that this is an "old mans car" is simple.

It is a combination of:

a. These people are not refined enough to enjoy the Lexus

b. They are jealous and not envious.

c. They have never been in one is the IS range of Lexus, so they can't understand the quality of the car

Or

They have Sh%&t in there F*&ked up heads

No offense to anyone.

They say is an "old mans car" because its got style and power

Eh? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard, so do they also think a Ferrari or a Lamborghini is an old man's car? They've got style and power :whistling:

Plus the IS200 doesn't really have power, so does that now make it a young man's car again? :P

I know I didn't quite understand their logic at first but then I came to the reasoning that they were just trying to make up a reason to back up the "old mans car" statment so now I just ignore their comments and enjoy my car for what it is.

Sorry but the IS200 is an old mans car. Its nowhere near as nice to drive or stylish as a BMW 3 series, not as comfy or refined as a C Class, and not as "bling" or as good looking as an Audi A4.

However its much better car, better standard options list, good engine, excellent reliability, very good build quality and in terms of looks its aged a lot better than any of it rivals.

I have taken all this abuse too, as I'm 21. Most of my mates have Golf Gti's, Clio Sports and other simialar euro hot hatches, but there really not for me. My IS200 makes me feel a million dollars, its nearly 10 years old and still drives and feels like a 25k car.

I disagree that it is not as nice to drive as a 3 series. The steering is livlier and just feels better IMO. But how can you say it is not as stylish as the BMW, and then say in terms of looks its aged a lot better! So is more stylish? Not as bling and good looking as an Audi? Late 90s Audis were not bling or good looking!

...Honda Accord are old mans cars, not an IS200.

What did you drive before your Lex Woz? Just out of interest. :whistling:

To the OP,

You need new friends, LOC are all the friends you need!

Nah seriously, your mates are jealous, if they an IS200 they wouldn't be calling it an old man's car would they?

Tell them at least you have a reliable car, or remind them of that fact when their eurobox breaks down.

my brother said the same thing when i first bought it but now his reliable :tsktsk: vw passat is really poorley hes driving mine while my wrist is in cast and he loves it but hes gonna have a shock in 2 weeks when im gonna be able to drive again cos ill be taking it back :ph34r:

I don't think that any Lexus is an old mans car at all I think that all Lexus models are for more refined people who like the luxuries and performance and quality of the Lexus and unfortunatly I think this tends to make other vehicle owners a bit jealous of the Lexus name.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links