Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This Is Really Getting Annoying Now!

D Robbo

Sorry but the IS200 is an old mans car. Its nowhere near as nice to drive or stylish as a BMW 3 series, not as comfy or refined as a C Class, and not as "bling" or as good looking as an Audi A4.

However its much better car, better standard options list, good engine, excellent reliability, very good build quality and in terms of looks its aged a lot better than any of it rivals.

I have taken all this abuse too, as I'm 21. Most of my mates have Golf Gti's, Clio Sports and other simialar euro hot hatches, but there really not for me. My IS200 makes me feel a million dollars, its nearly 10 years old and still drives and feels like a 25k car.

I disagree that it is not as nice to drive as a 3 series. The steering is livlier and just feels better IMO. But how can you say it is not as stylish as the BMW, and then say in terms of looks its aged a lot better! So is more stylish? Not as bling and good looking as an Audi? Late 90s Audis were not bling or good looking!

My mate has an e46 325 with BBS CH replica's and coilovers, and it looks a lot more stylish, it does however look older if you know what i mean? I quite look early naughties Audi A4's and A6's looks wise, its just a shame the spec list is crap compared to the IS, and the interiors look pretty cheap unless you get a top end version with leather - they also hold their value much better so prices are higher, which in no way swayed me towards Lexus :whistling:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LS is pensioners car!

I quite fancied the LS430 but wife thinks they look like barges, although she thinks better than earlier LS400.

A lot of pensioners I've seen driving would not be safe in a Dodgem car let alone an LS. mmm On reflection it doesn't just apply to pensioners.

a few minor mods and an is200 looks mean enough. and at cruises i go to its usually just me and 1 other lexus as everybody else has copied their mates, some nice cars but common as muck, ie at cruises there always at least half a dozen integra type r, vti civic, glanza turbo, evo, impreza, sx200, skylines, all imports and all look the same. i personally think the lex is up there in the looks department but maybe not the speed. and as for the rest you lose count. saxo, corsa, fiesta, ect ect ect.

Aristo is an old mans car, with a young mans engine!

That's brilliant, the aristo's the rich old guy with the blonde 20 yr old trophy wife :D

Hopefully I'll be driving an Aristo when I'm older then .....

I had for the first couple of years driving mine. Silly really as I was 21 when I bought mine 4 years ago!

Same here but was 20, to be fair it is was a old-middle aged persons car when i first got it. They were expensive when they first came out, I'd say for a young person of 17-20 unless your doing very well? Had lots of lurxurys & is not that quick. So i'd agree with them, but I still have it now 23 an 24 in feb never broken down once. Hehe an I love it more than any other car still for now.. lol

Totally a young persons car now, dirt cheap :P

I have been tagged as having an old mans car and also being a daddy mobile and not in the sense of pimp daddy but old daddy! lol......im only 23, have no kids and had it for about 18months now and i still love it! I had a choice of a Civic Type R or the IS200 and driving the 2 although the Civic was a nice racey car if i wana go quick i have my Yam R6 for that, if i wana go in comfort and style......theres only one choice!

Theres something about the comfort and style of the IS200 that really puts a smile on your face and it is always a shock to people when you tell them you have a lexus as most other people my age are still in fiestas and saxos! The knowledge that you have something that bit different and bit special is worth a million and the guys are right jealousy is a cruel misstress!

I take no notice of what people say about my car. I may be 26, but I drive like an undertaker so whatever car I drive will be labelled an old man's car.

A gross generalisation, but I think that most cars that are marketed as reliable get branded as old men's cars (with the possible exception of the Rover 75 that breaks down every time there's a light breeze). For example, you will never hear anyone say that an Alfa Romeo is an old man's car.

Having FINALLY recieved my car from my DAD, im getting nothing but pure love, when talking about it i was told this is a old mans car!! im just about to turn 24 and i think this caters for me being a bit of a boy racer still (looking reallyy good - with the mods ive done to it and will continue doing) and when i wanna chill. (Chill with cruise control and just glide down the roads without feeling every creak and bump.)

you get street cred, others are probably jealous - not to mention probably couldnt reverse into a parking space because its bigger then there pansy clio's!

Well i got a lot more drug dealer references when i bought mine than old mans car!! Though now my mates always ask me if i can drive somewhere rather than in their cars as its just a much nicer way to travel than a micra/leon etc......

Sorry, everyone.

I have an IS300 Sport in black. I'm almost 50 and work in a profession that makes accountants seem interesting (I'm an actuary).

My IS reflects me - semi-automatic, top 5% performer (woof, woof), behaves like a 20-yr-old, never lets anyone down, don't find many around, classy, plenty of black leather (woof, woof) and shows how I treat women (climb inside her, strap her on and take her to heaven & back 3 times a day).

Sorry, everyone.

I have an IS300 Sport in black. I'm almost 50 and work in a profession that makes accountants seem interesting (I'm an actuary).

My IS reflects me - semi-automatic, top 5% performer (woof, woof), behaves like a 20-yr-old, never lets anyone down, don't find many around, classy, plenty of black leather (woof, woof) and shows how I treat women (climb inside her, strap her on and take her to heaven & back 3 times a day).

IS300 In possibly the best colour.... Nice :blush:

I take no notice of what people say about my car. I may be 26, but I drive like an undertaker so whatever car I drive will be labelled an old man's car.

A gross generalisation, but I think that most cars that are marketed as reliable get branded as old men's cars (with the possible exception of the Rover 75 that breaks down every time there's a light breeze). For example, you will never hear anyone say that an Alfa Romeo is an old man's car.

alfa romeo is an old mans car :lol::lol: :winky:

How can anyone call something that looks like this "an old mans car"

237221556_dd0714bf27.jpg

This is an old mans car.....

LS430LPG15.jpg

Built for comfort not speed.... a lot like its owner....

Mind you 0-60 in 6 secs does suprise people off the lights.....

Pete

Because you have to eat muesli for breakfast to own one................

.................people don't like green cars so they sell for less and take longer to sell...............

....................................people sit on them as they think they're grass banks............

.......................................................but on the other hand they have lower accident and theft rates than most other colours on cars (true: red worst, black next, with green and beige the best (perhaps because people are too embarassed to drive them much!)) and are cheaper to buy.

Each to their own.......... :shifty:

Ian

havent read the whole thread but its true where I live, the retirement capital of the world Bournemouth / Poole area. There are loads and loads of IS200's all driven by old fogeys,also blue rinse ladies who can hardly see above the dash, (who really should be in micras )

I only ever see one green one on a regular basis and the driver must be knocking on 90 :winky: (seriously)

They are just jealous, I'm only 19 years old and my first car is a 2004 Lexus IS200 SE - I'm a very lucky person to be honest,

Most of my mates have Golf's and Polo's - I also drive the 2006 BMW 318Ci M Sport Convertible we have too :D

So people get VERY VERY JEALOUS, but personally I actually prefer driving my IS200 as opposed to my mums BMW

Dad has got an 2007 Mercedes S63 AMG, and I'm trying to pursuade him to sell it and buy the Lexus ISF :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links