Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amp By Pass Lead

I don't think that's the one, looks like the cable you need to work around the amp if you're using an aftermarket headunit. If you're fitting an aftermarket headunit you will need that cable if you're planning to use the OEM speakers, or you'll need to do the wiring yourself. The bypass you need for the satnav is made by a guy on here called Fargo........

If you don't use it you won't get the voice commands from the satnav, everything else should work fine.

This is what ya want mate. link item no. 280252598504

Only the satnav speach will be lost, but there is a way around that too (Fargo).

Thanks all

I purchased this one which is the same as you mentioned but double the price as that one doens't show up for most searches

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-is200-se-sport...id=p3286.c0.m14

I hope to clear something up here guys, I am told by someone who should really know (and will apologise if proved in error)

that the mis-named bypass lead will allow you to use an aftermarket Head Unit with the factory amp & speakers, as well all expect.

HOWEVER... the Factory Sat-Nav will not function. You will need Fargo's box of tricks. (Item number: 260155172794)

For example a 2002 IS200 Navigator Saloon...

PCIronmike recently changed the faulty factory Head Unit, he connected (correctly) the bypass lead, the new head unit worked perfectly,

but the Sat-Nav didn't work at all, not just the voice either, the screen was blank too.

I stand to be corrected if this is not the case,

but I have been assured by someone very much in the know on LOC, plus PCIronmike from is example this information is correct.

I don't think that's the one, looks like the cable you need to work around the amp if you're using an aftermarket headunit. If you're fitting an aftermarket headunit you will need that cable if you're planning to use the OEM speakers, or you'll need to do the wiring yourself. The bypass you need for the satnav is made by a guy on here called Fargo........

If you don't use it you won't get the voice commands from the satnav, everything else should work fine.

I hope to clear something up here guys, I am told by someone who should really know (and will apologise if proved in error)

that the mis-named bypass lead will allow you to use an aftermarket Head Unit with the factory amp & speakers, as well all expect.

HOWEVER... the Factory Sat-Nav will not function. You will need Fargo's box of tricks. (Item number: 260155172794)

For example a 2002 IS200 Navigator Saloon...

PCIronmike recently changed the faulty factory Head Unit, he connected (correctly) the bypass lead, the new head unit worked perfectly,

but the Sat-Nav didn't work at all, not just the voice either, the screen was blank too.

I stand to be corrected if this is not the case,

but I have been assured by someone very much in the know on LOC, plus PCIronmike from is example this information is correct.

you are correct wozza, the sat nav will NOT work AT ALL if you disconnect the stock headunit. and will never work again if you then throw away the stock amp.

Also the amp bypass listed above DOES work with my module.

Glad it is cleared up once & for all Fargo.

For Sport & SE models with Sat-Nav, when you use the 'Bypass Lead' from E-Bay, you will lose all functionality of the stock Sat-Nav system.

If you completely remove the stock sound sytem from the car including the amp, you will lose all functionality of the stock Sat-Nav system.

The only way to get full functionality back is to get the module from E-Bay & install it correctly(Item number: 260155172794)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Wozza. Now i will have to make my mind whether I fix the standard headunit or go for something else :)

The cost of replacing it all adds up once I consider cost of adaptor leads and fascia on top of the headunit, but it does mean I can have a better headinit and not have to worry about Grom adaptors, plus get DVD playback and Bluetooth for the mobile too. Decisions, decisions :unsure:

Thanks Wozza. Now i will have to make my mind whether I fix the standard headunit or go for something else :)

The cost of replacing it all adds up once I consider cost of adaptor leads and fascia on top of the headunit, but it does mean I can have a better headinit and not have to worry about Grom adaptors, plus get DVD playback and bluetooth for the mobile too. Decisions, decisions :unsure:

Hey,.... wondering if anyone can help... Ive instlled the Pioneer F900 using the autoleads bypass harness, but now my electric mirrors are always powered... even without the key in the ignition... and its draining my Battery all the time....

Anyone any ideas why this is....

Thanks..

The bypass harness required by the 'SE' & 'Sport' medels is not to my knowledge manufactured by Autoleads.

Do you mean ISO harness by any chance ?

Have you tried disconnecting the Radio to confirm the Mirrors are affected by the Head Unit ?

The Head Unit may also cause this problem, so you need to isolate it. Are there any external amps

in your car or are you connected to the OE Lexus Amp benhind the glovebox ?

The bypass harness required by the 'SE' & 'Sport' medels is not to my knowledge manufactured by Autoleads.

Do you mean ISO harness by any chance ?

Have you tried disconnecting the Radio to confirm the Mirrors are affected by the Head Unit ?

The Head Unit may also cause this problem, so you need to isolate it. Are there any external amps

in your car or are you connected to the OE Lexus Amp benhind the glovebox ?

Well when I bought the headunit I also bought a harness which i connected the connector from the back of the OE amp... and since then the Battery has been draining... the mirrors never worked without the key, before i installed the radio... On the harness theres 2 separate wires (yellow) for the memory on the end which connects to the amp harness.. They are then crimped together and go into the radio connector on one crimp... (yellow)... is that normal?? The radio has no power without ACC so i am totally confused as to why the mirrors have power.... and the Battery draining.. I have no amps connected... just the headunit.

Is the Head Unit retaining the Radio Memory for the Presets ?

Where did you get the harness from ?

Normally a Head Unit will have a permanent live (smaller fuse) to run the Head Unit's Memory

and an ignition live to provide the main power (larger fuse).

These shouldn't really be joined together, or left un-fused.

Normally a Head Unit will have a permanent live (smaller fuse) to run the Head Unit's Memory

The harness is from caraudiosecurity. The ACC is separate, and the unit does hold the memory. But seems to be keeping other systems powered... Is there any other connectors I should have disconnected from the amp, or just the large one that I join to the aftermarket harness??

The harness is from caraudiosecurity. The ACC is separate, and the unit does hold the memory. But seems to be keeping other systems powered... Is there any other connectors I should have disconnected from the amp, or just the large one that I join to the aftermarket harness??

somehow you have the ign live and permlive linked together. The mirrors, ac and various other things are on the same circuit as me and aarn found out yesterday!! :whistling:

i would get the multimeter and find out where its going wrong..

Does the radio turn off with the car or do you have to push the button to turn it on and off when you get in/out?

Stav

There is no button to turn the unit on and off.... thanks to the brains behind the makers.... but no... it turns off with the ignition... the harness for the amp had no ACC cable in it... so when i called the place i bought all from they told me to connect to a system which turns off with the ignition so i connected the ACC wire to the air con.... (both 10amps) however... even with the ACC wire disconnected from the a/c the mirrors are stil live so its to do with the aftermarket harness for the amp... (i think)...Why is there 2 wires live all the time from the original loom which goes to the amp??

Have you tried removing the amp harness to see if its that whats causing the problem?

Yeah, when i remove the new harness from the original amp connector... the problem is gone... anyone know what colour wire is the memory wire (constant power) on the original connector to the amp.. and if there should be 2wires used for memory?

Dont know if this will help you in anyway mate CLICK ME!! It has the wiring diagrams on it and lots of other info for the car? click on "OVERALL ELECTRICAL WIRING DIAGRAM [RHD]" and the stereo wiring is there?

Thanks alot for the diagrams... Its a grey cable from the original amp connector that is the ACC on the 8 speakers sports model.. The harness i got had the acc and the memory joined together at the radio end... so i just cut what i hoped was the acc and connected it to the radio harness´s acc and hey presto.... it worked... with no other systems powered with the key removed...

Thanks again...

I hope i dont wake up to a flat Battery though!!

:whistling:

Dont know if this will help you in anyway mate CLICK ME!! It has the wiring diagrams on it and lots of other info for the car? click on "OVERALL ELECTRICAL WIRING DIAGRAM [RHD]" and the stereo wiring is there?

Thanks alot for the diagrams... Its a grey cable from the original amp connector that is the ACC on the 8 speakers sports model.. The harness i got had the acc and the memory joined together at the radio end... so i just cut what i hoped was the acc and connected it to the radio harness´s acc and hey presto.... it worked... with no other systems powered with the key removed...

Thanks again...

I hope i dont wake up to a flat Battery though!!

:whistling:

Nice one mate, Glad i could help :D