Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heya Im A New Is200 Owner ! A Little ****** Off Though - Sorry Ran

N2KHL

hey all i just took ownership of a v plate is200 se (but one of the previous owners tried to make it look more like the sport). Lovely car to drive untill i noticed a nail in the rear tire. Took it to a m8s shop to get it repaired but got some bad news......the tire had gone bald from the inside and once they took the tire off there was evidance that the tire had been driven on when it was flat. Further investigation showed that the front to tires seemed to be wearing hard on the insides too !!!! what to do i have read on this forum that some one does a proper geo for the car. This car pulls slightly to the left :(

THis car is an auto and im finding it rather to heavy on the fueling any one got any tips on how i should change my driving style bearing in mind ive come from a manual honda civic coupe and my tank from full is comming down to almost halfway after doing just over 100 miles (bleeding £70 a full tank)

ok rant over!!!

Apart from the above the car is very enjoyable to drive and looks the business too !

Hello to all and i hope i can get a few pointers in the right direction !

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey thanks for the welcome !!! how much does wim charge for thier services if you know ?? and do they also offer a lowering service too ? My car feels kinda high !!

hey thanks for the welcome !!! how much does wim charge for thier services if you know ?? and do they also offer a lowering service too ? My car feels kinda high !!

Think its around £100 but worth every penny he does all kinds so not sure on the lowering :unsure:

Im sure Tony will tell u better but dont go 2 any local garages as it wont solve your problem Tony is your man :winky:

Check out his web site WIM

coollogo_com_107981205.gif

By the way, fuel economy is not one of the IS200's strong points, I'm afraid.

Oh, and welcome to LOC :)

lol i didnt think so ! however are there any tips on how to get the best out driving the lexi ?

Hi, welcome to LOC!

Hey! reset the ECU by removing the clamp off the negative terminal on your Battery and leave it off for about a minute then re-apply and re-secure. This should assist with the ECU re-learning. There is another way, can't remember it at the mo :duh: Try search for reset the ecu.

Hope this helps.

Hi, welcome to LOC!

Hey! reset the ECU by removing the clamp off the negative terminal on your battery and leave it off for about a minute then re-apply and re-secure. This should assist with the ECU re-learning. There is another way, can't remember it at the mo :duh: Try search for reset the ecu.

Hope this helps.

hey thanks i will try that!

Hey! reset the ECU by removing the clamp off the negative terminal on your battery and leave it off for about a minute then re-apply and re-secure. This should assist with the ECU re-learning. There is another way, can't remember it at the mo :duh: Try search for reset the ecu.

Why does he need to reset the ECU ? I think I might have missed something.

There's an explanation of how to do it here

Why does he need to reset the ECU ? I think I might have missed something.

There's an explanation of how to do it here

I have suggested resetting the ECU because he has purchased the car recently and the ECU may have catered its fuelling to the previous drivers right foot and 100 miles on near enough half a tank :huh: is a little low IMO. I hope this is a little clearer. :)

to be fair i have done about 140ish miles and the tank looks like its on half way !

Unfortunately that's normal for the auto, I drive mostly around town and never really get more than 21mpg :crybaby:

Well worth the trip to WIM though, it will feel like a different car once Tony's worked his magic!

to be fair i have done about 140ish miles and the tank looks like its on half way !

Unfortunately that's normal for the auto, I drive mostly around town and never really get more than 21mpg :crybaby:

Well worth the trip to WIM though, it will feel like a different car once Tony's worked his magic!

cheers for that but on a long run what should i be expecting im usually doing quick dual carriageway a roads leicester to loughborough

Any tips on how to drive an auto economically would be greatfully recieved!! ive started to play with the snow button for city driving and the mpg gaude is doing a little better...i will be reseting the ecu this weekend and see how i get on ! ive got over 200miles out of the tank so far and i think there is less than a quarter tank to go !

I usually get around 300 miles out of a tank on a mix of 70% town 30% dual carriageway - on mostly dual carriageway I think you should easily be able to get up to 400 and possibly higher. I think 28 mpg is easily achievable on longer runs and also if you're reasonably gentle about the way you apply the power.

The snow button helps make you drive more economically but I find as the car's a bit slow you have to work it that bit harder!

Opinion seems to vary on this but I use V-Power and I find that on long runs it makes the car more economical than on standard unleaded. It makes no difference at all around town though.

Driving style is important too, I tend to find I get better economy by accelerating hard to the speed I want and then letting the car drop into 4th and just feather the throttle to maintain speed.

Let us know how you get on :)

thanks for the advice guys i will let u know how i get on !!! its gonna be make or break for me next week i need to decide if i want to keep the lexi or just sell it on !

Keep it, get your Geo sorted and lowerwed on new tyres. Will be great!

lol i didnt think so ! however are there any tips on how to get the best out driving the lexi ?

Drive in SNOW mode, ease off throttle and roll down hill where possible (keep in gear though). Just general gently, smooth driving will aid fuel econemy, changing up earlier etc.

That will not reset it. Battery must be off longer, not sure how long, but at least 15-20 mins plus.

The other way to reset is to remove 20Amp/25Amp EFI fuse and 15Amp ETCS fuse (in engine bay) of 30 seconds then replace. This may not help you at all, but it may, and is worth a try.

ok chaps i reset my ecu but not noticing much difference!! however for round town driving ive been playing with the snow button and finding after the initial acceleration i can then maintain 40-30 mpg on the gauge! if i turn the snow button off it goes back to 20mpg !!! hmmm i wonder why lol !! ive filled up only £50 this week and see how i fair. ON the dual carriage way this morning i dont think the snow button has that much of an effect but then i was tired and wasnt in the mood for worrying about how much fuel i was burning lol