Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heya Im A New Is200 Owner ! A Little ****** Off Though - Sorry Ran

N2KHL

The snow button just makes the throttle less sensitive, so you have to press it harder to get the revs up (hence easier to drive in the snow)

Therefore if you're cruising at 50 on a dual carriageway, it's not going to make a bit of difference as the engine's still going to be doing the same revs as it would with the snow button off...............

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving style is important too, I tend to find I get better economy by accelerating hard to the speed I want and then letting the car drop into 4th and just feather the throttle to maintain speed.

I think you would get even better econemy if you accelerated GENTLY to your speed and then dropped back to fourth!

Driving style is important too, I tend to find I get better economy by accelerating hard to the speed I want and then letting the car drop into 4th and just feather the throttle to maintain speed.

I think you would get even better econemy if you accelerated GENTLY to your speed and then dropped back to fourth!

I was finding that if i was trying to speed up slowly it still took more juice !

• 2 weeks later...

I was finding that if i was trying to speed up slowly it still took more juice !

i've just got 175 miles to half a tank woop woop!!!!!50%town 50%by-pass!!!!!best yet!!

Flippin 'eck!

I have an IS200 Sport manual, I only put 35 litres in at a time (1/2 a tank) and that usually gets me 200 miles - of mostly town/A-road driving.

Shocked at how much worse the auto box is. Surely an IS300 would be no worse!

I get about 100 mile / quarter tank +/- 10 miles on an IS300.

Hi mate welcome to your new obsession

I have 3 kids and im 26 and own a is200 so needed to save fuel big time

I use vpower its great get a few extra mile to the gallon

Plus you can get fuel savers on eBay pretty cheap i think it works but maybe thats my imagination

New plugs iridium NGK great stuff

Air filter as mentioned K&N are ace

keep a eye on tyre inflation

some great ways to save fuel well for me

Laters BIGDAVE

Flippin 'eck!

I have an IS200 Sport manual, I only put 35 litres in at a time (1/2 a tank) and that usually gets me 200 miles - of mostly town/A-road driving.

Shocked at how much worse the auto box is. Surely an IS300 would be no worse!

I get about 100 mile / quarter tank +/- 10 miles on an IS300.

So that's about the same as my IS200 manual. Yet the IS300 is an auto. So why is the IS200 auto so much worse, it must be the worst of the three (IS200, IS200 Auto, IS300 Auto). Something's not right.

Thinking some more about this, could there be something affecting the fuel economy of certain IS's? A MAF sensor or an air temp sensor that could be causing the 1G-FE to run too rich?

Seems mad that I'm getting 200 miles and only ever put 35 litres in. I do drive quite light footed but then I also floor it when I get chance too :)

One recommendation to people getting bad mileage, only put 1/2 a tank in at a time. The tank is huge on the Lexus, it's 70 litres (14 gallons). By comparison the tank on a Rover 45 is 11 gallons, Rover 75 is 13 gallons. Sorry to use Rover cars but I know them off the top of my head :blush:

Thinking some more about this, could there be something affecting the fuel economy of certain IS's? A MAF sensor or an air temp sensor that could be causing the 1G-FE to run too rich?

Seems mad that I'm getting 200 miles and only ever put 35 litres in. I do drive quite light footed but then I also floor it when I get chance too :)

One recommendation to people getting bad mileage, only put 1/2 a tank in at a time. The tank is huge on the Lexus, it's 70 litres (14 gallons). By comparison the tank on a Rover 45 is 11 gallons, Rover 75 is 13 gallons. Sorry to use Rover cars but I know them off the top of my head :blush:

Ah i wish some one would have the right answer on this one oh well ive just resigned myself to accepting bad mileage on a fantastic car ! on the up side i have started a car share at work but that didnt help as on friday i was a little too heavy footed !! lol

Im off to the dvla today to get my plate N2 KHL put onto my car woohoo :D

:offtopic: but just wondering if the plate and username is because you're an ice hockey fan (NHL 2K). Maybe it's to do with your initials or some other reason though.

Lol no my real name is Nikhil although my friends usually call me Nik

the closest i could gte to my name was N2 KHL!

got my new plate transfered but its gonna me a mission to remove the existing plates and replace them with my shorter but totally legal personal ones !

Nice one matey, glad you're sticking with the IS!

From above, the IS200 auto is not worse than an IS300 economy wise, it's just not a lot better so it makes a lot more sense to go for the 300 if you want an auto. I only got the 200 as at 19 the insurance was silly on the 300, but if I was buying now it would be a 300 every time :)

I get 20-22 mpg around town, with an IS300 I'd expect it to be maybe max 2mpg worse, which to me is worth it compared to the other advantages........

The number plate is very easy to remove..... the pin that holds the plate is a plastic screw... unscrew this and the plate comes off....

ah thanks thats the fronts covered but i got the rear one stuck on with sticky pads !

• 2 weeks later...
Try and get some warm soapy water down behind the number plate, and then just pull the number plate off. It'll probably leave a load of sticky pad residue behind. That'll come off with some tar remover or WD-40.

thanks it worked!

ended up buying an oversized plate for the rear to fill the gap but it mite be a lil too big lol !