Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Worth Keeping My Is200?

l16ydl

I I have only had my IS200 Sport for a month now and im thinking that i should get rid of it as the tax goes up next year to £300 and in 2010 to £400 and the car will depreciate alot over the next year or so......so confused!! What do you all reakon?

I I have only had my IS200 Sport for a month now and im thinking that i should get rid of it as the tax goes up next year to £300 and in 2010 to £400 and the car will depreciate alot over the next year or so......so confused!! What do you all reakon?

You were surely aware of the tax rate when you purchased the car. Depreciation will not just affect your car and would happen with or without the change in tax. At the end of the day if your car depreciates and you sell in 2 yrs. you will be buying back into the same market as it is the car market in general that is seeing depreciating values. Is there any real reason to consider selling after such a short time?

If you can afford to fuel it/tax it/insure it/service it then you should be able to find an extra £200 for tax? As you bought the car recently perhaps you should have done some research into the tax situation (it has been in the news for a while now). Maybe you should have bought a pre 1st March 2001 IS200?

All cars will depreciate, just some cars will depreciate fast than others. I think you will loose out, as many people who are/will be looking to buy big engined cars will have looked into the tax situation and they will be buying pre 1st March 2001 models.

If you can afford to fuel it/tax it/insure it/service it then you should be able to find an extra £200 for tax? As you bought the car recently perhaps you should have done some research into the tax situation (it has been in the news for a while now). Maybe you should have bought a pre 1st March 2001 IS200?

All cars will depreciate, just some cars will depreciate fast than others. I think you will loose out, as many people who are/will be looking to buy big engined cars will have looked into the tax situation and they will be buying pre 1st March 2001 models.

Lol, i didnt look in to as much as i should have. I know the car will depreciate over time but what i should have explained clearly was as the tax is on the up is the depreciation going to bigger than anticipated??

Lol, i didnt look in to as much as i should have. I know the car will depreciate over time but what i should have explained clearly was as the tax is on the up is the depreciation going to bigger than anticipated??

i would say its drop, i bought mine b4 the tax change and coz of the tax to come all the values have droped...so for me there's no point in selling it.

but on the other hand if you bought in the slum price you should get your money back

Sold my IS 200 sport and luckily got what I wanted for it plus I took the rims off and sold them too so I guess I done it at the right time . I think that within the current climate you'd probably be better off keeping the Lex , maybe after a change in Gov't things may pick up , if it does'nt and the trend in fuel prices continues to rise and the tax is going to cost more and more each year then its down to the individual if he's (or She's) willing to lose money on their car . I for one am sad that my Lexus is gone , I'm just glad it went to someone that does'nt live by me so I won't keep seeing it , that said I must say that my replacement (Clio 172 Sport 172) is great fun and my missus drives it easily , nuff said .

Regards

Paul. B)

post-22839-1221219814.jpg

Sold my IS 200 sport and luckily got what I wanted for it plus I took the rims off and sold them too so I guess I done it at the right time . I think that within the current climate you'd probably be better off keeping the Lex , maybe after a change in Gov't things may pick up , if it does'nt and the trend in fuel prices continues to rise and the tax is going to cost more and more each year then its down to the individual if he's (or She's) willing to lose money on their car . I for one am sad that my Lexus is gone , I'm just glad it went to someone that does'nt live by me so I won't keep seeing it , that said I must say that my replacement (Clio 172 Sport 172) is great fun and my missus drives it easily , nuff said .

Regards

Paul. B)

But the wheels dont look as good :whistling:

Regards

Paul. B)

But the wheels dont look as good :whistling:

Lol , yeah your right Adrian , but give it a few months , let her get used to it fully and a set of 18"'s are heading its way along with a few engine mods , I've just done the cambelt (what a BAS"""D) and I'm now looking into smoothing the throttle body and gasflowing the head amongst my ideas but I'm keeping a few close to heart .

Regards

Paul.

The current state of the economy is hitting everyone quite hard. However, I really don't see how you can want to get rid of it after only 1 month. The figures have been around for quite some time as to the potential fuel and tax hikes. If you're that bothered about it, maybe a Lexus wasn't the best choice but everyone's entitled to a mistake. If you can sell it and recoup most of your purchase cost then fine, however, even if you sold it for £200 less than you paid for it (which I would say would be very optimistic) then you've already lost out. Just accept one way or another you're going to lose money, the question is how much and how quickly. At the end of the day, a £200 tax hike pales into insignifiance with depreciation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links