Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Feckin Scallies!

reganlives

Had quite an eventful day today...well only one event but what an event. I stopped a robbery! Was at home minding my own business when I thought I'd have a look out of the living room window. To my surprise I saw a couple of scallies acting suspisiously (sp?) outside the house opposite mine. Didnt think much of it at first but one was on a bike and then got off the bike and leant it up against a fence. After this they proceeded to go round the back of the house and I didnt see em for a min but nothing really clicked as I thought they were just jumping over the fence like I've seen people do before. After a min they came back onto the driveway but then round the back of the house again. Due to the viewing angle I couldnt see much but thought something didnt look right. Then to my suprise I saw the blinds move in the house and that did it for me, on went the trainers and off I went. Snook over to the house but as soon as I got round the back corner of the house they were off like a shot over the fence and I couldnt catch them. They somehow managed to open the window, I think with a crow bar and then got in the house and opened the patio. Think my timing was pretty good as I scared them off and nothing was taken. After a lengthy conversation with police and them searching round the area the commotion was finally over but I got a good description of them and so did another neighbour who saw them looking dodgy hanging around the area.

Whats really ****** me off though is that how could they do such a thing and are scallies getting more n more stupid everyday, I mean, trying to rob a house during the daytime lmao. Its got me a bit worried about my cars though and dads car and of course our house. If they come back then I'll be waiting with a wheel wrench :whistling:

Some control really needs to be put on scallies. :tsktsk:

Well done.

Where in Manc are you?

I live in Stockport and a couple of years back I disturbed 5 lads trying to break into my house with garden spade, in broad daylight. I believe Batman is right when he says criminals are "superstitious and cowardly" an aggresive shout from the hall way and they legged it.

They are also increasingly bold my mate round the corner is a copper and his house was robbed in broad daylight took his new plasma telly, luckily he got it back.

Its not them being bold or brave - in fact - quite the opposite

During the night - most people are in the house - but during the day - most honest people are out trying to earn a living.

Less chance of them receiving a whack from a wheel wrench if they do it during the day.

PS - Good job on foiling them...

Edited by Mark W

Cheers everyone. Its good to be able to help out the neighbourhood at times. I'm from belle vue and although its right in the middle of longsight and gorton it hasnt been too bad for quite some time now. The area has seen its ups n downs like any area but this is the first robbery in quite some time I think. If only they had been slower getting away then my extendable wheel wrench would have come in so handy lol.

Well done Regan , most people would of just phoned plod and by the time they got there the crims would of been on their bike , to do what you did really takes minerals mate , there was no way of you knowing if they were armed or whatever so top marks mate , straight in , no thought for your safety , a Man after my own heart .

Quality .

Regards

Paul. B)

Well tbh I'm kinda glad in one sense that I didnt jump them as the police later discovered they were armed with a large kitchen knife which they dropped as they jumped over the fence. If I had actually managed to grip one u never know which one had the knife and knowing scallies these days I think they woulda used it.

hi mate well done on stopping the robbery and i admire what u did, but u keep mentioning the fact they were scallies? what makes u think that? i am not trying2 cause anything here im just curious on how u know they were scallies. also were ure neighbors great full of your actions?

thanks Anuj

hi mate well done on stopping the robbery and i admire what u did, but u keep mentioning the fact they were scallies? what makes u think that? i am not trying2 cause anything here im just curious on how u know they were scallies. also were ure neighbors great full of your actions?

thanks Anuj

I seen them mate, the way they were dressed etc. Unfortunatly didnt get to catch their faces. Didnt really get much of a thanks from the neighbours so doubt I'll step in again if it happens lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links