Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whilst resetting my 'Yellow' indicator for both Speed and Tacho I've noticed another setting named Priming...choice ON or OFF. I could not find anything in the index of the manual on the IS220D just wondering can anyone shed any light on this setting and explain what it does and is it specific to the Diesel only?

Thanks in advance :question:

Whilst resetting my 'Yellow' indicator for both Speed and Tacho I've noticed another setting named Priming...choice ON or OFF. I could not find anything in the index of the manual on the IS220D just wondering can anyone shed any light on this setting and explain what it does and is it specific to the Diesel only?

Thanks in advance :question:

It is somewhere in the manual. I think it cleans the fuel system (or the injectors not sure) and yes it only applies to diesel cars. It should only be used under certain circumstances and there is a procedure to follow which is explained in the manual.

i found that yesterday also, i didnt put 2+2 together tho and link it do diesel priming...but it makes sence now...

on derv's afer the fuel has completely ran out (including the fuel filter being completely drained) the fuel pump doesnt have enough 'suction' to suck the new fresh fuel up to the engine from the tank..

older cars have manual pumps (under bonet - pump my hand) that 'prime' the fuel system filling the fuel lines and fuel filter so the car can then restart....this must do the same but i guess a little added electric syphon pump or something...nice idea lexus! :)

S

• 10 months later...

Hi All. The priming feature in the IS220D should be used in any of the two conditions:

1. If one has run out of Diesel - and has added more to the tank

2. If the yellow light appears on the dashboard (fuel filter) indicating that the maximum level of permitted water has been reached.

There is a vague discruption on "how" and "when" this feature should be used, together with a warning about possible damage this operation may cause if not followed correctly.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links