Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thieving B'stard Chav Bmx Scum!

I suppose I was lucky to keep them for nine months, but last night two thieving scum children stole my dust caps. It was good of SWMBO's middle child to come and tell me that someone was "doing something to my car" instead of banging on the window to scare them away I suppose. Oh well, back to boring black plastic ones now.

I suppose I was lucky to keep them for nine months, but last night two thieving scum children stole my dust caps. It was good of SWMBO's middle child to come and tell me that someone was "doing something to my car" instead of banging on the window to scare them away I suppose. Oh well, back to boring black plastic ones now.

Buy yourself some of these. Had mine for 18 months. No problem.

https://www.ragingspeed.co.uk/catalog/produ...products_id=328

Thanks for the tip - I'll get some ordered.

worth the money,had mine on a couple of years now and yes they have tried to nick them as they've left grubby finger prints behind :lol:

I had some on My IS200 but the only problem

was the British winter weather if the caps thread is metal

and the Valve is metal they corrode and are very hard to undo

so word of advice put some grease on the threads of the valve

:winky:

Thats Todays Handy hints

from Mattstheone

Thats Todays Handy hints

from Mattstheone

and do not do what I did either and get some cheap ones of eBay - ended up with them welded on and only got them off several months later when I had the alloys replaced under warranty.......

Thats Todays Handy hints

from Mattstheone

and do not do what I did either and get some cheap ones of eBay - ended up with them welded on and only got them off several months later when I had the alloys replaced under warranty.......

Dido i did the same :blush:

Exact same happened to me on Saturday while out for the day with my son. I'm annoyed more at the fact that some little **** was at my car at all, whats next on their list, the aerial??? Very annoyed!!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: Anti theft caps are next on my shopping list too.

Exact same happened to me on Saturday while out for the day with my son. I'm annoyed more at the fact that some little **** was at my car at all, whats next on their list, the aerial??? Very annoyed!!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: Anti theft caps are next on my shopping list too.

If only we could wire the things up to a generator !! :shifty:

Those Richbrook spinning valve covers are good but I had a set nicked off my Lexus in London a year ago.So they're not foolproof.

Having said that I bought another set as I'm sure they're better than others at not getting nicked.

If only we could wire the things up to a generator !! :shifty:

I'm working on wiring each valve cap to a very large capacitor, should really link this to a CCTV, it would be such a pity to miss the resulting antics........he he....... :winky: :winky:

By the way the spinning caps work well, after I lost my last locking ones with the Lexus emblem on I fitted them, OK so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CAREFUL!!!

Had these for a year odds and, in spite of lubricating them as instructions, they seized and I had to get a tyre fitter to break the bead on the tyre to get the valves out...not good and I was lucky they could do all four for me...

Stick to plastic ones I say.

CAREFUL!!!

Had these for a year odds and, in spite of lubricating them as instructions, they seized and I had to get a tyre fitter to break the bead on the tyre to get the valves out...not good and I was lucky they could do all four for me...

Stick to plastic ones I say.

i use copper grease never had a problem :)

and do not do what I did either and get some cheap ones of ebay - ended up with them welded on and only got them off several months later when I had the alloys replaced under warranty.......

Does that mean that you did not check your tyre pressures for several months? :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Tyre pressures should be checked weekly and it's difficult to see how the caps would seize if they were removed and re-fitted this frequently.

and do not do what I did either and get some cheap ones of ebay - ended up with them welded on and only got them off several months later when I had the alloys replaced under warranty.......

Does that mean that you did not check your tyre pressures for several months? :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Tyre pressures should be checked weekly and it's difficult to see how the caps would seize if they were removed and re-fitted this frequently.

easy for you to say

try and find a garage that dont charge .50p for a minute or you get there and it says out of

use :lol::lol:

easy for you to say

try and find a garage that dont charge .50p for a minute or you get there and it says out of

use :lol::lol:

If you can afford to run an IS 220, you can afford a few quid for a tyre inflator, (there are several foot pumps on amazon currently for under £10 - or you can buy one that runs from the cigar lighter for about £25.00) then you can top them up whenever you want.

The most common cause of tyre carcass failure is under-inflation resulting from drivers failing to do regular pressure checks. I know which cost I would rather bear.

• 2 months later...

That's minor. Last weekend someone threw a can of gloss paint over my son's car. All over radiator matrix, bonnet, windscreen and roof. Made the car undriveable. He has full insurance including the cost of a courtesy car, but will still have to find £120 excess.

What gets into people that they can be so senselessly vindictive?