Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Proud Owner Of An Is200

UzziWozzi

After a month of hunting around for a replacement of my Toyota 1.8 T3 Sport car, my first thought was "Lexus, why not?", but prices were slightly steep. After test driving Mercs, the Audi A3 and several Toyotas, I realised that I needed something more.. until last week I was pointed out an IS200, 2.0 automatic at my local dealer, took it for a test drive and before I knew it, I handed over my money and my little baby is now sitting on my driveway. So happy about it! Got a smashing deal, it's in perfect condition and has only done 15,000 miles.

Anyway, I have browsed through this forum and have been looking for ideas for getting an in car DVD/TV player. I asked the Lexus sales rep who said it can't be done on the dash, but only for the back passengers.

The sat nav area is just a box (i.e there is nothing there), so is it possible to get a TV/DVD fitted in? Any advice, recommended installers will be appreciated, price is no worry :)

Welcome mate, and congrats on the purchase!

It is possible to do whatever you want, but depends how crazy you want to go. The best option is what Wozza's done in his IS which is to get a factory motorised navigation housing and then install his own screen and everything else that goes with it connected up to it...........

Have a search for his install and all will become clear :)

The quick and easy way to get all this in your car would be a Double Din DVD/TV/Sat Nav/Reverse Cam/........ whatever your money will afford and that will do everything you want off a screen in the front with the option of wiring into the back aswell. A double din unit will set you back anything from £299.99 to £2k However Wozza's will be better every time :), but then he's put a huge amount of time and effort into it.

I'm running a double din unit in mine - sorry no pics of mine but there are pics of others about.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links