Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good Friday I Won't Forget...

Was asked to pop in to T*sco today to pick up some milk. I parked the car in the far corner of the car park well away from anyone else, as I know just how bad supermarket car parks are for getting your car dinged! :sad:

I was in the store for under ten minutes and when I returned, there it is.... a nice dent in the drivers door, a chunk out of the rubbing strip and some red paint!! Still no-one parked near me, so given that it happened in that short time, it could well have been been deliberate! :unsure:

Whoever did it is a low-life-scum-sucking-b*****rd!! :angry::angry::angry:

Sorry, had to get that off my chest - well I mean, the car is only 5 weeks old! :( Don't have a digital camera, otherwise I'd post a pic or two. Oh well, guess I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.... :(

Check and see if there are any video cameras in the car park.

Ask T@sco's nicely if you can see them for the time you got hit.

They should be time coded, and if you don't see the car hitting you, then look for a red car exiting around the same time.

Just about to give same advice as Grim, and saw his post.

Needs to be done soonest though, as they are recorded on time-lapse VCR's, which will at some stage in the not too distant future be re-recorded over.

Well no joy with the security video - that part of the car park wasn't viewed in the short time I was there. Also it seems that fifteen red cars left the car park during that time! :(

So, now to find out how good the local dealer/"DentsAway"/whoever are at getting the dent out. :unsure:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune mate.

I always try to park as far away as possible from other cars in supermarket carparks. People with trolleys trying to get through parked cars are the worst. :angry: But for some reason, no matter where I park in the car park (even during no-busy periods) it always seems to attract others to park next to mine.

I can recommend Dent magician in Henfield after having used them to sort a scrape on my car. They are in Henfield, which is only a short hop into the downs from Brighton, and they were quick and efficient.

Hope it pans out OK

sorry to hear that mate

some people shouldn't be allowed on the road

i try and use the spaces for mother and baby, cos then there's 2 foot either side of car :lol:

even complete morons cant get at the car then

hope u get it all sorted easily, can recommend dentwizard in north london, they did a great job an quite cheap too

sorry to hear of the troubles !

I'm surprised tesco's let you see the video - a mate of mine had a similar experience, and they wouldn't let him see the video because "it's for security purposes, not for insurance jobs on cars" or something like that.

Personally, whenever I park in places like that I always take up two spaces (i.e. park right down the middle of two). I get grief from old people, and moany looks from many - but hey, I come back to my car and it doesn't have any dents on it !

Once again, sorry to hear of the trouble. Good luck with it getting sorted !

i try and use the spaces for mother and baby, cos then there's 2 foot either side of car :lol:

I hope that's because you have a child and need the extra space to get them in & out of the car and you aren't just using the space that someone else has a genuine need for :ph34r::ph34r:

You wouldn't guess that his sort of thing is a bugbear of mine would you :whistling:

I'm surprised tesco's let you see the video - a mate of mine had a similar experience, and they wouldn't let him see the video because "it's for security purposes, not for insurance jobs on cars" or something like that.

Personally, whenever I park in places like that I always take up two spaces (i.e. park right down the middle of two). I get grief from old people, and moany looks from many - but hey, I come back to my car and it doesn't have any dents on it !

Once again, sorry to hear of the trouble. Good luck with it getting sorted !

Something you might be intereseted in regarding viewing CCTV, under the new data protection act the company that is filming must keep a tape recording for a minimum of 7 days and you can demand a copy of any video that has been filmed that has you involved in it.

The company, ie T*sco can charge you for the tape, normally about £10, but by law they and anybody else are obliged to provide, this includes councils, so if you have been a bad boy in town with a bird on Friday night you can ask for a copy of the section of tape that you appeared on for prosperity.

Check the Data Protection Act Info site for definite wording.

You're spot on - they wouldn't let me see the video, but their 'operatives' watched it and when I called back, that was what they informed me :( Didn't think to challenge them over the Data Protection Act or whatever, but then they did agree to view the tape & let me know.

Was asked to pop in to T*sco today to pick up some milk. I parked the car in the far corner of the car park well away from anyone else, as I know just how bad supermarket car parks are for getting your car dinged! :sad:

I was in the store for under ten minutes and when I returned, there it is.... a nice dent in the drivers door, a chunk out of the rubbing strip and some red paint!! Still no-one parked near me, so given that it happened in that short time, it could well have been been deliberate! :unsure:

Whoever did it is a low-life-scum-sucking-b*****rd!! :angry::angry::angry:

Sorry, had to get that off my chest - well I mean, the car is only 5 weeks old! :( Don't have a digital camera, otherwise I'd post a pic or two. Oh well, guess I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.... :(

Sorry to hear about that UKPulse, I'm sure some people target cars that are obviously parked to avoid dings :angry:

I think supermarkets should introduce extra wide spaces (preferably with barriers between the spaces) for people who don't want dinged doors, just like parent

and child places! :)

The supermarket benefits by attracting upscale cars, with owners who probably spend more in the supermarket - a win-win :)

Thanks,

Nige

i try and use the spaces for mother and baby, cos then there's 2 foot either side of car  :lol:

I hope that's because you have a child and need the extra space to get them in & out of the car and you aren't just using the space that someone else has a genuine need for :ph34r::ph34r:

You wouldn't guess that his sort of thing is a bugbear of mine would you :whistling:

Ooooooh. You can guess that makes me go ape too. Especially when I am struggling with a wriggly one year old whilst trying not to dent the car next to me :angry:

Still, if I see you guys in a parent and child space I'll wave and be nice. I'll just scream at the others like a deranged woman

:rolleyes:

yeah i'm sorry but i cant help it

if everyone else was as careful as all you guys, then i'd be happy to park anywhere

reminds me of one time in my old car when this fat woman parked next to me just before i was about to leave. she couldnt wait and insisted on getting out first and then letting me go. anyway, she ended up hitting my car about 3 times and then when i confronted her she denied everything

i cant be bothered to put up with all this anymore, hence the discourteous parking but i do apologise for the inconvenience

although it's a downer for those who genuinely need bigger spaces in this worldit's a sad state of affairs that the likes of you and I need to take up bigger (or 2) spaces so that the pride and joy we've worked hard for and saved long for doesn't get dinged or hit by people who have no regards for their cars.

Though I dont park in mother+baby spaces, (I do sincerely feel for the mothers and babies when there is no space), I am going to continue to park in 2 spaces / park awkwardly, I am going to continue to get abuse from the elderly/managers etc. when I do, and I'm going to continue to drive out of Tesco's (for example) with a clean, un-dented car

Please dont get me wrong - not trying to cause grief here or anything, but with the same passion Claire and Dobbin feel for the mother+baby space issue, I have the same passion for my car !! (sad I know, but hey - that's what I'm in an owners club for !!)

Well parking across two bays or diagonally is fair game I feel, particularly if the car park is quiet and there are plenty of other spaces available -_-

However, I regularly see BMW and Mercedes drivers using the DISABLED bays at the local MARKS & SP£NC£R, because they're larger spaces and nearer the entrance to the store... If I was the store manager, I'd CLAMP them! But it seems like the store does nothing - they'd rather toady up to their customers! :megaangry:

same story here - I tend to avoid shopping centre car parks at all costs ... shiny cars seem to attract old bangers which insist on parking right up against your pride and joy (even though there's LOADS of other spaces available) :(

If you must park in one of these places, try and find a spot that has a kerb on one side and then park at a slight angle which tends to prevent the inconsiderates parking tight against the exposed side of you car

OR

walk in to town! :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links