Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh and another thing

Both my wing mirrors are sort of 'stained'. Really noticable at night with rear lights reflecting on them.

It looked to me as if the heating elements were damaging the mirror from the rear. Lexus garage seemed to agree, but had never seen the problem before. So they have send some pics to Lexus GB to get authority to fix it.

Anyone else had similar?

Other than that, the car is great - 33mpg!!

Interesting post - our RX developed a 'stain' on one of the wing mirrors.

It was noticeable most during night driving as that particular part of the mirror wouldn't 'tint' - mentioned it at service time to Lexus MK and the mirror was replaced under warranty. Not sure what caused the issue in the first place but was content to have it replaced under warranty.

I'm sure yours will be covered - ours incidentally, our RX has the extended warranty (as it is more than 3 years old).

Oh and another thing

Both my wing mirrors are sort of 'stained'. Really noticable at night with rear lights reflecting on them.

It looked to me as if the heating elements were damaging the mirror from the rear. Lexus garage seemed to agree, but had never seen the problem before. So they have send some pics to Lexus GB to get authority to fix it.

Anyone else had similar?

Other than that, the car is great - 33mpg!!

I have a 56 plate IS 250 had it nearly 12 months, and both wing mirrors are stained. Not really used the heating elements so dont know what it could be, but will have it looked at at the next service.

I had this on My IS220 and they replaced the Glass under warranty

there were no ifs buts or maybe so i guess this is a common thing

as you say looks like the heater Element has burnt the Backing of the Mirror

But now all is fine again :winky:

had never seen the problem before. So they have send some pics to Lexus GB to get authority to fix it.

This thread tends to disagree!

Sounds like it has happened many a time and replaced under warranty without question. Why would they need to send off pics for authority?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links