Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Dvd Player Stereo

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying this item that I just found on eBay. Please let me know if it's a good choice, plus it says that it has "GPS-Input for Sat Nav Connectivity" could someone calrify this for me please (whether it comes with SAT NAV or is it just competible to recieve GPS signals) I hope I do make sense.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-3-BLUETOOTH-CAR-DV...id=p3286.c0.m14

Item number: 280268749820

post-25438-1221942162.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks matey, I'll probably save some extras and buy from US as they seem cheaper (due to the currency exchnge). But my question is tht if a 7" double-din would fit in IS200? Has anybody done it? If so, did you have to modify the dashboard or did it go perfectly fine? Plus any photo would be apprecited..

Please help me :)

Autoleads Fascia FP-25-00 can be used for a single DIN

AutoleadsFaciaOriginal.jpg

or Double DIN

post-22839-1217676883.jpg

If your car is an SE or Sport model, you will need a bypass lead from E-Bay, plus the Autoleads Facia.

Item number: 280252598670

If your car is an S you will need an ISO lead adaptor available from Halfords etc.... plus an Autoleads facia

Item number: 250301580063

If you need any further help, let me know.

Appreciate your posting.. Now time to ask few more questions and accept my apology in advance if you thought that ws a laim question.

If I buy a simple Double DIN DVD/TV (without the SatNav) is it possible to connect the standard GPS (that comes with Lexus) to my new screen or am I pushing my luck a bit too far? :P

Appreciate your posting.. Now time to ask few more questions and accept my apology in advance if you thought that ws a laim question.

If I buy a simple Double DIN DVD/TV (without the SatNav) is it possible to connect the standard GPS (that comes with Lexus) to my new screen or am I pushing my luck a bit too far? :P

yes and no..

the lexus oem nav needs the oem stereo to work. you can work around this in two ways.. use a bypass module availiable on eBay and from a member on here Fargo, or strip out the main board from the oem stereo and locate this alone behind the dash to fool the unit into thinking its still there.

this will keep the nav working.

if you then want to use the nav screen to display anything else other than nav then you will need a conversion box which arent easy to get... but i chave sourced and can now get these..

i wouldnt buy an american unit as it wont have any warranty, the radio wont have the correct tuniing steps and if you do get a sat nav unit it wont have any uk maps..

if you post a budget then we can suggest alternatives..

B)

Thankyou for your detailed reply.. now thats a lots of work being suggested so not taking this path.

however, I'd think of an alternative and say between £250-350. Do you think I can get a Double-Din with DVD/TV & SatNav or am I being naive and simply should forget the dream of upgrading my IS200?

I think you'll struggle to get all that in that price range, probably need to spend at least that much for a good quality double din headunit.............why not just fit the headunit now and then add the GPS later?

You might get something of decent quality for just over £300 that will have a 7" screen, and play DVD's, CD's, Mp3 CD's etc.

The Sat Nav included at that price is a dream IMO. Better to get the unit from Fargo @ keep the stock Sat Nav.

You could add a reverse camera, or good quality Freeview Tuner later when you can afford it, but whatever you do,

don't buy the £30 Freeview ones from E-Bay. They work in open areas, but fail as soon as you start moving.

JVC KW-AVX710 £309.99 & £9.99 P+P 7" TouchScreen Item number: 370090532197

(with video out so you can add headrest screens later, and video in for reverse camera or TV)

Bypass Lead & Facia £34.99 & £2.99 P+P Item Number 280252598670

Fargo's Module £55.00 (free post) Item number: 260155172794

That's you sorted mate.

EDIT *******

Don't go to Halfords and buy anything Stereo/DVD related with the name Ripspeed on it !!

Sorry if repeating (not read whole thread).

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THEM.

They are cheap chineese mate tat, and if they do work, will sound rubbish and not work for long.

With headunits, ALWAYS go for a big brand (Sony, Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer...there are many.)

If you are looking to save a few pennies (who isn't?) buying from the US is OK, I have had a couple of headunits from America with no problems. Though warranty may be non-existant? It's not uncommon to get a unit shipped from the US for a total price half that of ure local Halfords. Only one thing to be aware of, they have no RDS. All this means is your radio will not say "Radio One" on the display, it will show the frequency "98.60" ect. But thats the only spec difference I have found.

Ok, after weeks of theory and mentoring by you guys, I have finally bought what it seems to be a Double-Din DVD, Sat Nav & some other bits (it is made by Kenwood). So thank you for your advice.

Now the bigger question is, how to install this multimedia monster as I am a completely illiterate when it comes to things like these so is there any place in London (West London preferably) where they'd install it and make it work as it should under normal circumstances?

Plus, I can't find the thread regarding clear door lights; however I remember some one saying that he would do it, could you please contact me as I am interested in buying those hand-made clear frames for IS200.

Must mention that you guys are genius and have answer (s) to every question in the book. So thanks a lot for your kind information, suggestions & advice that you had given me.

Any help appreciated.

Sharif.

This is what I'd bought

actually not all generic units are bad ;)

I bought a unit of eBay, about 3 years ago.

paid 80£ for it, and its still going strong.

I opened the unit inside, and it was using sony parts and panasonic gears.

so do discount all of them.

I plan to buy another cheap unit for my lexus.

it has a GPS reciver.

Thanks Steviewevie for your quick response.

Now, is there any cheap place where they install those Double-Dins?

Please do give me a shout.. :P

its a relatively easy diy job..

just follow the walk throughs and you will be fine..

nice stereo..

There's a place called AutoAudio in Park Royal that looks decent - was planning to have some work done there myself but then never got round to it. Didn't get to talking about prices but they didn't seem like they'd be particularly cheap.

Also heard good things about Neasden Electronics but again not sure on prices.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links