Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tyres - Any Thoughts/recommendations?

I'm on the look out too and I think I may well stick to the "standard" Bridgestone Potenza's. They seem to be the favoured choice...

Good Lord, surely not! The Crapstones are awful, pitiful. Get soemthign else!

I'm on the look out too and I think I may well stick to the "standard" Bridgestone Potenza's. They seem to be the favoured choice...

Good Lord, surely not! The Crapstones are awful, pitiful. Get soemthign else!

REALLY?! Blimey I always thought they were the ones to get! Ooops. I don't want a super-soft compound as I do want them to last. Oh well. The search continues but it will no doubt come down to price.

The battle will always be OE vs. non-OE. I know the Kumhos are recommended (as are the Verdsteins) but Lexus only recommend (OE) Dunlops or Crapstones. In the end I went with the Contis (far superior tyre) which are not OE, but do (did) the job extremely well.

As for price and availability - Costco will not be able to help as Michelin UK do not make a tyre that is of the size for the RX, there is one close (slightly wider and lower profile IIRC) but due to Health & Safety Costco will not fit it as it is not listed as an approved tyre in their catalogue - which is a shame because they have 20% off offer ATM if you buy x4 tyres.

I would avoid Crapstones mate :(

• 2 weeks later...
Dear All,

I have searched the forum and have spoken with Lexus and am aware that the bridgestones and Dunlops are considered OE on the RX.

Thing is, I don't rate the Bridgestones at all (too hard a material which doesn't quite give the grippy drive I like especially when wet) - and the Dunlops, well I've never been a fan of them, but have driven a few other RX that have them fitted and they do seem to offer the grippy drive I like but don't instill the greatest confidence in me at speed :P

My preference is always for Michelin (thanks to Costco) but the 235/55 R18 isn't a tyre size Michelin make...so I am looking for alternatives. my other brand of choice is Continental - who do make tyres appropriate for the RX - so i was wondering if anyone has had any experience of Conti's fitted to their RX (or other brands at all?) that could help me with my choices?

There is a part of me that would prefer the Conti's [over the Dunlops] TBH, but to keep things OE I may g with the Dunlops.

Any thoughts/feedback welcome!

Bit late now but I had Vredestine sportracs fitted on my Subaru Forester Turbo. Very grippy and secure but I found them very noisy.

Good luck anyway

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links