Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Luck Goes From Bad To Worse - Part 2!

**UPDATE**

Ok guys, just thought I would share in my trials and tribulations. So far with the help of maddy, I have contacted a claims company regarding my car and they have spoken with the BMW drivers insurance company he has admitted full fault and liability, I have a assessor coming out to inspect my car this afternoon.

So hopefully after this my car should be booked in for repair and to have everything settled :), also might have a bumper and headlight coming up for sale if I can blag the repair company to let me have it back :D

Dan

They should give them back to you, as they normally just chuck them in the bin!

**UPDATE**

Ok guys, just thought I would share in my trials and tribulations. So far with the help of maddy, I have contacted a claims company regarding my car and they have spoken with the BMW drivers insurance company he has admitted full fault and liability, I have a assessor coming out to inspect my car this afternoon.

So hopefully after this my car should be booked in for repair and to have everything settled :), also might have a bumper and headlight coming up for sale if I can blag the repair company to let me have it back :D

Dan

might be interested in the bumper at the right price mate...

dosent seem to be much structural damage to it..

na there is naff all structural damage, just a graze across the front and a very very fine hairline stress fracture under the o/s headlight. Might also have a JDM headlight to offer too :P (however it is only 1 lol).

Currently had a offer on the bumper from Aztec so waiting to see if I get it before I go any further but redz you will be next in line :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys update time, the 3rd parties insurance have admitted full liability which is always good and makes these things easier.

Now with regards to repairs i've been to a garage that my car is going to go to for them to see the parts to order, they have spoken with Toyota re my TTE bumper they have said the bumper they stock doesn't have the cut outs underneath the foglights (i.e. aerodynamic)

Here is the one they stock - popup_headerb.jpg

any ideas on why there is suddenly a difference?

With regards to the headlight they have said there are 2 JDM spec headlights, where abouts is the part number for my headlight (I have a suspicion it's underneath, if this is the case how do I get to it?)?

Thanks in advance guys

That pic is the normal TTE bumper (same as the one I've got) - what exactly is the difference?

Part numbers off the TTE website:

Without washers PZ439-C0430-00

With washers PZ439-C0431-00

for the bumper there is no problem with part numbers, however what I mean is where there are indents on the corners underneath the fogs they are cut out on my bumper providing airflow through the splitter. (if this doesn't make sense i'l take pics)

I'm after part numbers for my headlights (as they are JDM and Toyota are saying there are 2 types of JDM headlights and that Toyota themselves don't know the difference lol)?

hmm I thought that too, but the previous owner was Pete (scorps21) but they are inwardly rolled so don't look like he's just taken a dremel to it. The major difference are they have the dark housing Darren and if you look at my sig they appear blue (my lights are off in the pic).

Yeah TTE direct is where the bumper without the slots is, strange because I swear mine was a genuine TTE bumper but has the slots cut out. After the meet tonight I saw Roop's and another (silver) lex both with TTE bumpers with the indents and no slots. So either my bumper is a copy or Scorps cut them out himself.

Ohwell after chatting with Rabster I came up with a cunning plan ;) keep eyes on for sale forum

• 3 weeks later...

Update guys,

I now have a new TTE bumper on the car so my old one will be primerd and will be up for sale very soon ;), there has been a large headache with the headlights in that my headlights are the JDM ones and Pete (previous owner) had de-tango'd them aswell so ofcourse Lexus & Toyota are saying they can't find any exactlty like mine, in the fact that Pete had imported the headlights but fitted the uk back to them as they have the electronic adjust on them. So the garage are speaking to the insurance company to see if they will pay for 2 headlights and i'll just get the Satin ones and put up with the amber indicator.

Get the car back today can't wait :D, what started out as a 2day repair has turned into 4 days without my lex :(

wooo car's back, new TTE front looks good has a little TTE sticker at the bottom lip! Insurance have said they will pay for both headlights to be replaced so i'll be getting some nice satin ones next week :D.

It feels sooooo good to be driving her again

yeah I was smiling instantly :), been looking at Sam's black lex and how the satin headlights with amber look and in fairness it's not too bad :P, might have a bit of a project with my headlights and seeing if they are repairable

Hia Dan

Glad u got it sorted!

Did u get a hire car to drive around in when your's was in the garage?

Maddy

Hi Maddy many many many thanks for all yours and Danny's help throughout this ordeal, Didn't get a hire car as it was only scheduled as a 2day repair (ended up taking 4days due to the wrong parts being ordered and still don't have the new headlights fitted so it's back in next week). If anyone knows or wants a TTE style bumper let me know :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links