Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Lysholm Supercharger

Did it take them long to get it prepped and sprayed Tom?

Well he took it on a monday evening... done the prep work himself in his own garage at home... fully sanded, filler for the small dents smoothing... then we left on that friday evening for the sprayshop where he works.. went over on the saturday to watch, just out of curiousity.. took pics etc... that was all day, with 2 coats, and 2 coats of laquer... then baked for whatever the set time is.. and then i left it there until the following friday.. i left it as i was away with work, but it was ready to collect on the monday after the paint and baking had been done on the saturday previous so all in all..... a little over a week. It was a top place.. a ferrari was getting a touch up after he´d had it 5 months due to stone chipping... ahem ahem...many class cars there, yet sitll a very cheap price... compared to the UK/Ireland.

Might have to pop over then and get mine done :lol: Does look very nice mate :D

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did it take them long to get it prepped and sprayed Tom?

Well he took it on a monday evening... done the prep work himself in his own garage at home... fully sanded, filler for the small dents smoothing... then we left on that friday evening for the sprayshop where he works.. went over on the saturday to watch, just out of curiousity.. took pics etc... that was all day, with 2 coats, and 2 coats of laquer... then baked for whatever the set time is.. and then i left it there until the following friday.. i left it as i was away with work, but it was ready to collect on the monday after the paint and baking had been done on the saturday previous so all in all..... a little over a week. It was a top place.. a ferrari was getting a touch up after he´d had it 5 months due to stone chipping... ahem ahem...many class cars there, yet sitll a very cheap price... compared to the UK/Ireland.

Might have to pop over then and get mine done :lol: Does look very nice mate :D

If your genuinely interested, let me know.. he´s a mate so thats why he preps at home.. cuts cost etc... done a top job... i was very nervous before hand, not knowing what standards are like here.. i think its why he invited me to watch him do the spraying.. haha... if you can take the time, worth the trip... (in my opinion)

would have to buy a car bra for on the way home mate :lol: Most of my stone chips happened last year when we went to the Nurburgring, The grit on the roads was terrible over there :huh:

True enough, though i saw on that link Aido gave me... theres a "bug panel" you can buy to protect the front of the car... now theres an idea.. its ugly as hell, though im sure it can be painted to look abit more appealing.. is the IS300 chasis the same as the 200, when searching for bodykits... lip kits?

would have to buy a car bra for on the way home mate :lol: Most of my stone chips happened last year when we went to the Nurburgring, The grit on the roads was terrible over there :huh:

True enough, though i saw on that link Aido gave me... theres a "bug panel" you can buy to protect the front of the car... now theres an idea.. its ugly as hell, though im sure it can be painted to look abit more appealing.. is the IS300 chasis the same as the 200, when searching for bodykits... lip kits?

Think some of the skirt parts are a different lengh/size for the is300 mate, Boddamloon brought a kit for his is200 that was made for an is300 and it woudnt fit due to different sizes? Have you had a look for Altezza kits?

Think some of the skirt parts are a different lengh/size for the is300 mate, Boddamloon brought a kit for his is200 that was made for an is300 and it woudnt fit due to different sizes? Have you had a look for Altezza kits?

Well been looking through them all to be honest... do they fit without much problem? Shame though.. that kit looked cool with the carbon splitter.

Look forward to the pics of it looking nice and fresh Tom :D Clocks looking good to mate :D

Well there it is.. fully painted.. uploaded pictures on my profile gallery.. including dash, clock and aircon control bulb mods.. on the supercharger, ..well theres progress on the airbox,... one found, but waiting o see how much noise it will reduce it by.... am hoping to do the engine internals at the same time when the noise solution is found, then mapping, and then an even bigger smile on my face.. :winky:

On the noise Tom, Steve was saying 70%

Car looking very nice mate :winky: will have to keep you posted on LOC, As ive been banned from prolex forums now :o

Que?do explain hutchy.

Well been looking through them all to be honest... do they fit without much problem? Shame though.. that kit looked cool with the carbon splitter.

Shame you couldnt try the kit on before you buy mate? some of the body shops would be able to modify it to fit if it was a PU/fibre kit but think they would have trouble cutting and splicing the carbon parts? :unsure:

Tom, Steve was saying 70%

Car looking very nice mate :winky: will have to keep you posted on LOC, As ive been banned from prolex forums now :o

Que?do explain hutchy.

LOL you really dont want to open that can of worms Raj.

That's a good point about the RMM - it would need modifying as the US spec bumper is deeper than the Euro spec I believe and so it would need cutting - I was also going to go down that route but never did.

Saying that I'm sure we had someone over here got it to fit onto their IS and I cannot for the life of me remember who it was who did it.

Another option which would be expensive though, would be to get the part number for a US spec front bumper, and get that as well as the RMM kit and then it will fit straight onto that?

..:: Edit ::..

Mr Singh ordered one years ago - not sure what he did with that - and I'm sure I've seen it on an Aztec Fire IS? Maybe it was Dave Ellen's old one?

It was Dave - you can see it in his picture here if you look really closely at the front:

http://www.prolex-uk.com/prolexcars.html

Gotta be worth a PM mate see how he did it?

If it does fit then I don't see any reason why Steve wouldn't send it, I've had antirollbars from him which I'd have thought were heavier in a similar size box :)

Look forward to the pics of it looking nice and fresh Tom :D Clocks looking good to mate :D

Well there it is.. fully painted.. uploaded pictures on my profile gallery.. including dash, clock and aircon control bulb mods.. on the supercharger, ..well theres progress on the airbox,... one found, but waiting o see how much noise it will reduce it by.... am hoping to do the engine internals at the same time when the noise solution is found, then mapping, and then an even bigger smile on my face.. :winky:

Que?do explain hutchy.

Read what ive said on the site, next time your at Steve's gargae ask Steve himself :winky: simple :D

Que?do explain hutchy.

Read what ive said on the site, next time your at Steve's gargae ask Steve himself :winky: simple :D

im at Steve's this week mate,so i'll have a chat

Tom, Steve was saying 70%

Que?do explain hutchy.

LOL you really dont want to open that can of worms Raj.

fair play mate

I think we need to go to that pub over the road with the Polish bird to have a nosey!!!!!

And remember to wash your hands before Tuesday cos I ain't coming to near you if you stink of fish :lol:

Hey, all

Well ive found a full carbon lip, so thinking of painting the majority of it, leaving the middle front edge unpainted.. it seems to be a copy of that RMM kit, but in pure carbon, and for the IS200..

Much more simple, I think... :whistling:

Hey, all

Well ive found a full carbon lip, so thinking of painting the majority of it, leaving the middle front edge unpainted.. it seems to be a copy of that RMM kit, but in pure carbon, and for the IS200..

Much more simple, I think... :whistling:

You'll be wanting a nice carbon rear spoiler next mate :D where did you find the lip in the end Tom? :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links