Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Do You Recommend For Servicing On A Budget?

Isilduir

Hi

My 53 plate IS200 LE manual is coming up to 48,000 miles and requiring a service next month.

I bought the car in April and this is the first tme I have serviced it.

I lve in the Huddersfield area and would appreciate any reccomendations as to where to go for servicing.

What should I look out for? What would be a good target price?

Also would you recommend a timing belt change yet?

Thanks for your help. :D

Hi I changed my timing belt at 100 thousand and thats what i have seen most recomend

As for your service if you still have full service history from lexus keep it that way for future value

I used to work for volvo i know how boring and it could really affect your cars value

If this is something you dont care about do it yourself i find it pretty easy and helps you get to know your engine

i buy most of my parts off eBay and fit only the best. i find it hard to trust what some people can service your car with

Give me a message if you would like any advice on what parts to use and where to get them

Laters BIGDAVE

Sorry i know this is off topic volvo's are amazing by the way i had a s40 r design and i put it through hell and it just laughed at me

took it through rivers jumped bridges even took it out in the snow just for fun 10/10 for pretty much everything

What lets them down is just there street cred give me a message tell me what your getting

ones again very sorry this is off topic

Cheers BIGDAVE

Thanks everyone for your responses and fro the offer of assistance BigDave but I am not really confident enough to start tacklng this myself.

As the last wner of my car had it serviced independantly last year when the warranty expired I see no point in going back to a main dealer now or they wil have my trousers down with the list of items that I absolutely must have........

Can anyone recommend an independant servicng agent or network in West or South Yorks area for a reasonably priced good quality annual service.

If not then please share your experiences as to what I should be looking out for. What might I be offerred to replace that I can live without and what should I definetly etc..... :huh:

Many thanks B)