Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Miss My Is!

Vyker

I sold my IS200 last week..... finally!

It went for £2995, originally had it for sale at £3995, but I needed the drive way space for my sisters civic, so i had to rush it out the door for a cut price.

As I'm sure some of you might remember me buying a BMW E46 330Ci and its a great car.....

But I miss my IS! :(

image00127qp1.jpg

When the chap who came round to buy it, wanted to test drive it, I took it out for a spin for him first, and it was so much fun!! the red line, the gear box, the swift gear changes, the TINY!!! steering wheel in comparison to the BMW, that felt like a go-kart!

I just wish I can own 2 cars.... I hate the government for making it so hard for you to own 2 cars!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd vent out my miss for the IS

Comments welcome

Vyker

To be fair, your BM looks sweet!

Don't get me wrong, I wont be going back to the IS, the BM is just great...

I know what you mean about the steering wheel :winky:

But.....I just want to drive it again!!!

Anyone want to lend me their manual IS200 ;)

I'll be good, honest :innocent:

I sold my IS200 last week..... finally!

It went for £2995, originally had it for sale at £3995, but I needed the drive way space for my sisters civic, so i had to rush it out the door for a cut price.

As I'm sure some of you might remember me buying a BMW E46 330Ci and its a great car.....

But I miss my IS! :(

image00127qp1.jpg

When the chap who came round to buy it, wanted to test drive it, I took it out for a spin for him first, and it was so much fun!! the red line, the gear box, the swift gear changes, the TINY!!! steering wheel in comparison to the BMW, that felt like a go-kart!

I just wish I can own 2 cars.... I hate the government for making it so hard for you to own 2 cars!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd vent out my miss for the IS

Comments welcome

Vyker

thats the exact same feeling i got when I did my first test drive, plus that little bonnet bulge in your vision,shape of the bonnet, dash and rifle bolt gearchange..certainly feels special

I missed my IS200 when it first went, but now I would never go back to it again. Just too slow considering the fuel economy you have to put up with. I will admit I never had a supercharged one however which I still do regret........

I missed my IS200 when it first went, but now I would never go back to it again. Just too slow considering the fuel economy you have to put up with. I will admit I never had a supercharged one however which I still do regret........

I would only go back to it as a second car.... I too, would not go back for its running costs.. no way

It cost me too much to run... in fuel, insurance, servicing was a killer and it depreciated pretty badly!

I don't miss owning one, I just miss driving one, they are great to drive!

I would rather drive the IS rather than the Boxster for longer runs, but for fun the Porsche wins every time.

The IS is more fun than the Saab Aero I last owned even though its giving 100BHP less, it handles so much better, the Aero could not corner with ANY degree of safety having 250BHP going through the front wheels the under steer was trouser filling :crybaby:

I get 25 MPG out of the IS and 28MPG out of the Porsche, the Porsche does not need revs to make it go, its pick up is very early on in the rev range.

Cars really are strange things some you gotta hate, and others just make you smile and all for different reasons!!

I get 25 MPG out of the IS and 28MPG out of the Porsche, the Porsche does not need revs to make it go, its pick up is very early on in the rev range.

Cars really are strange things some you gotta hate, and others just make you smile and all for different reasons!!

That's one area where the IS falls down badly. I can easily get 33mpg from the 3 litre BM, whereas the Lexus I barely reach 25-28mpg!

Anyone want to lend me their manual IS200 ;)

I'll be good, honest :innocent:

Come down to Exeter and ya can take a spin in mine (charged) and I'll cruise out in the BM, just make sure you have plenty of rear tyre tread, I'll be good too, honest.

Haha.. at £178 a tyre on the BM, tread is like gold dust to me now lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links