Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Front Bumper Vs. Trd Front Skirt

Paradroid

What would look better folks? I'm leaning towards the TTE bumper myself. My reason against the TRD skirt is that the sides are styled to key in with the side skirts, and I won't be fitting those, just changing the front end. Also the TTE bumper has the advantage of looking cleaner around the grill area than a standard bumper and sport grill.

This is my car:

lexus-clay-barred.jpg

Would the TTE bumper carry off ok without side skirts I wonder or would the front look too low? Does anyone have good pictures of a Plat Ice car with the TTE bumper or TRD skirt :)

am pretty sure that's just a lower lip on the black IS with a stock bumper, i prefer the TTE front as that's what I got on mine defo looks more subtle

I thought that at first but it's not. Look at the areas to the side of the foglights (towards the middle of the bumper). I can't see how that's a stock bumper.

Dan, any chance of some piccies of your car?

hey folks,

the black IS above was once owned by two members of the EURO-LOC and then again sold (as i remember correctly).

it has the Savage bumper on it - it's a complete bumper made from fiber glass.

i don't really know if the company Savage still exists, but what i know is that Pakfeifer, an Austrian bodykit company, has taken over their products and now sells them:

CLICK HERE

but be careful: the pakfeifer products are not really the best.

so i don't know if the parts of this Savage bodykit still have the same quality as before.

That black one looks good, but doesn't look the best quality from that pic (plus it seems it's been confirmed above to be so)

Definitely the TTE bumper for the front (unless you can get hold of a Legana bumper which is still my favourite)

That black one looks good, but doesn't look the best quality from that pic (plus it seems it's been confirmed above to be so)

Definitely the TTE bumper for the front (unless you can get hold of a Legana bumper which is still my favourite)

Yep i'm with you on that matey the Legana is a nice bumper for the IS and you dont see them fitted very often :D

am pretty sure that's just a lower lip on the black IS with a stock bumper, i prefer the TTE front as that's what I got on mine defo looks more subtle

I thought that at first but it's not. Look at the areas to the side of the foglights (towards the middle of the bumper). I can't see how that's a stock bumper.

Dan, any chance of some piccies of your car?

Sure paradroid here's a link to some recent pics of my IS mate :) enjoy any criticism is appreciated http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/Dan_Harris/The%20Car/

Already planning on dropping it a little on some springs

couple o pics for ya:

DSCF2649.jpg

DSCF2644.jpg

DSCF2648.jpg

I have the front lip and Sport grille, but no side skirts, i think it looks just as good without the skirts.

JAE08006.jpg

That does look very nice, think that's my favourite so far actually :)

I like a set up that keeps the sports grill because it's slightly bigger than the built in grill of the TTE bumper.

Thanks for warning about the quality of that bumper on the black car, I was just pricing it up to see if I could buy it! One other problem though is that it might not look as good in silver to be honest. Does suit black though.

There's a part number given for a "front skirt" in one of the sticky threads on this forum. I'm guessing that this is the TRD front skirt/lip spoiler, though I don't know for sure. I checked with my local Lexus dealer and they're quoting around £146 for that item (presumably unpainted).

I would have thought that the price would be higher for these items now, rather than lower, due to them potentially being in short supply. Certainly the price of the Sport grille seems to have gone up rather than down.