Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I bought a 2000 LS400 demonstrator from the dealer but have since found there are recesses in the foam next to the spare wheel. I've got all the items mentioned in the manual but there's obviously a space for a fold-up warning triangle in one of those plastic rectangular boxes and there's a further recess under the wheel chock for what looks like a small flask or bottle.

Anyone know:

1) if these two recesses come filled, and

2) what should fill the recess under the wheel chock?

Second question:

I can't find the sat nav unit. The manual shows a picci of it and says it's in the boot but I can't find it! Anyone know how to locate it?

Third question:

Dunlop suggest SP Sport 4000 are OEM tyres for the LS400 but as we all know they come with D8Zs. Anyone know why the discrepancy? The 4000s are sportier but probably ride harsher.

Fourth question:

the D8zs rotate at 786 rev/mile is this the ideal rate for the sat-nav?

Fifth question:

Since the last tyre rotation, one of the wheels on the rear seems to have worn more than the other three. Any ideas?

Sixth question:

Why haven't Lexus in their pursuit of perfection mentioned the above in the manual or, for that matter, the first-aid kit under the left front seat, or mention of the type of alloys and how they should be cared for, or provided a tyre gauge in the toolkit (or is that one of the missing items)?

Final question:

There are two velvet-lined recesses above the CD changer. Anyone know if anything should be there or if they have a specific purpose?

1. I too have the spaces so assume nothing is supplied to fit as standard.

2. Left hand side of the boot floor lifts up to reveal unit. right hand side has similar flap to host old analogue phone set up.

3. D8 are the tyres designed for the car but other versions do get fitted.

4. fine

5. ?

6. indeed

7. I put spare cd's there!

Thanks! I assume you got yours from new and the dealer didn't ½" yours.

Though under the wheel chock, there seems to be some marking on the foam. It looks like something with a knurled wheel (just guessing) was there and has marked it.

I just GOTSTA Know!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links