Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner, Iphone, First Checks..

kweilo

Hello there, kind people of the LOC!

I've just dropped ~£7k on a 52 plate (03 reg) IS200 2.0 (of the SE variety) to replace my incredibly (read - engine replacement required) dead BMW 318.

Pictures etc will follow when I pick her up - hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

A quick question - in the Bimmer I had a Sony CDX-500 with the iPod control module. Being a double DIN console, the Lexus won't take this, without going down Wozza's route of course, which I'd rather avoid to start with...

So, anyone got any experience of (a) fitting double DIN stereos (and recommendations) and (B) adapters for Iphone 3Gs (as opposed to the first iPhone).

Additionally, are there any things to look out for in terms of items that need to be changed around 60k miles, ie things that might not have been done so far that are probably required.

At 60k the cam belt is due to be done so check that, or try and get the garage to do it before you pick it up?

Also suggest the waterpump at the same time.

Stav

They're not a Lexus dealer, at 5 years should I be worried about keeping to main dealers?

Also, any thoughts on a price guide here mate?

I'm used to Bimmers and Vauxhalls up to this point...!

Guest inicol63
At 60k the cam belt is due to be done so check that, or try and get the garage to do it before you pick it up?

Also suggest the waterpump at the same time.

Stav

They're not a Lexus dealer, at 5 years should I be worried about keeping to main dealers?

Also, any thoughts on a price guide here mate?

I'm used to Bimmers and Vauxhalls up to this point...!

Hi I am Ian from Loc and first let me welcome you to the club..

The price that your spending seems a little dear in the current market, but if the car has been well kept then your right to spend a little more.

As i am just down the road from you i can help with what to look for and where to service your car should you require my help.

Cam belts are a must on these cars they must be done at the right time or you could get a ruther large bill.

If you like drop me a line and i run you though a few hints and tips.

Good luck Ian

The car is in better condition than a few cars I've seen that are 3 years old - hence the reason for paying that little bit more. Given the fact that the front of the car has very few stone chips (I had to struggle to find any) it does suggest it hasn't been abused too badly.

Shall drop you a line mate - cheers, and thanks for the welcome.

A quick question - in the Bimmer I had a Sony CDX-500 with the iPod control module. Being a double DIN console, the Lexus won't take this, without going down Wozza's route of course, which I'd rather avoid to start with...

Hi and welcome to the club,

Its really not a big problem installing a double din unit in the IS and while Wozza's fascia looks really good I dont find that the original Autoleads fascia/cage is that bad, and deffo not annoying enough to me to spend the time Wozza did on his.

Just remember with an SE it has a factory fitted amp that is not compatible with after market stereos and needs be bypassed with a lead off eBay.

However i do know that you can buy some sort of adaptor (GROM?) that means you can plug ur iPod into the cd changer port of the Lexus head unit, and im sure someone will be along shortly to advise. Not sure its Iphone compatible though, I know the ipod control on my double din isn't (JVC AVX-810 built in usb port)

Ed

Well, I have the car.

Tis mine mine mine ;)

A few pics I managed to shoot last night...

n764265036_4358468_6292.jpg

n764265036_4358470_6917.jpg

n764265036_4358471_7191.jpg

n764265036_4358473_7776.jpg

One thing I'm missing - 2 x centre caps for the alloys. Any ideas where I can nab those from? Even better... anyone got a couple laying around they'd fancy selling?

But, I am one happy chappy. Can't wait to get out at the weekend and start giving it a proper clean etc.

I have the Grom audio interface installed in my 2001 IS200...

Currently i have a 80GB iPod classic permanently wired up to the adapter which works as it should but but when i connect my Iphone 3G, the phone displays a message saying its not compatible with the Grom Adapter but it still works. The Iphone however does not get charged when plugged into the Grom adapter.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links