Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Tips?

shanem

Hey,

So i went to the pics at the weekend and after i came back to my car i noticed that the car at one side of me was rather close, so checked my door as i always do (paranoia) and i could just see where they'd opened the door on my pride and joy :tsktsk:

I checked it in the day light the morning after and can just see a slight crease :tsktsk: and its the first one on the car which is a 99 :(

Its only small and is barely noticeable, but i suppose many of you will be the same, when you know its there it bothers you :tsktsk:

Apart from not taking the car at all, does anyone have any tips to stop the doors getting bashed in car parks? (some people just dont give two :tsktsk: .... Also any chance that the small creases can be fixed D.I.Y ?

Cheers for the support

Yeah it's seriously annoying when that happens but there isn't a whole lot you can do - I tend to be pretty careful about where I park (always up against pillars as that way at least only one side is at risk, and I'll try and park next to smaller cars)

It's unavoidable though, got a couple of small dents that I need to have removed but will probably just do it in the summer now. I've used a mobile dent guy called Dentwizard before, the results were fantastic so I'll be doing that again. Cost £45 for what I needed, but can cost up to about £80 I think depending on how bad it is and how accessible it is.

I always take up 2 spaces or park in child places :blush:

Can't say I approve of anyone who parks over two spaces. I've heard of people giving cars a kick for doing that, so you might as well just take your chances in one space.

I would avoid parking next to anything that is scruffy, especially if there's paint missing from the door edges! Also avoid parking next to 3dr cars (as the doors are huge), people carriers, 4x4, vans etc. But if you do that you'll probably be driving round forever :)

Avoid parking next to shonkers, people carriers, big 4x4s and any car with kids toys/seats in the car. Other than that and parking is end spaces/large parking areas theirs little else you can do....

Does p*ss you off though!

Know exactly what you mean about the annoying little dents. I've now (finally) trained the Mrs to find a decent space, she used to park anywhere and you will notice the smallest of dents. When i try and show her she can't see them and says well it wasn't my fault!

I would also avoid taking up 2 spaces, your likely to get your car damaged for that reason as Paradroid said.

Also i cannot stand it when people park in children parking bays and have no children! When you do have children you do need the extra space to get them in. And anyway i've seen kids running their toys over cars next to theirs while they wait to get in! More risk if you ask me.

As for getting the dents out i've used Chips Away, very good!

Thanks for the input guys and gals :)

The thing was, when i first parked up there was about 5 spaces either side of my parking space, but when i came out of the cinema the car next to mine was full of scum bag lads with hoodies and baseball caps scoffing Macdonalds, they were in a 92 corrolla which was a heap... Maybe they even did it on purpose who knows (major stereo types i know, but they looked like trouble )... When i got home i also noticed 2 hand prints around my rear spoiler like it had been grabbed grrrrrr and this was at 4pm :tsktsk: I suppose things could be worse ..

I didnt know there was such a thing as mobile dent removers, great stuff i'll look into it... Hopefully i can find one here in Ireland? :unsure:

Thanks much appreciated :)

Also i cannot stand it when people park in children parking bays and have no children! When you do have children you do need the extra space to get them in. And anyway i've seen kids running their toys over cars next to theirs while they wait to get in! More risk if you ask me.

I do have kids 1 with special needs

Can't say I approve of anyone who parks over two spaces. I've heard of people giving cars a kick for doing that, so you might as well just take your chances in one space.

I would avoid parking next to anything that is scruffy, especially if there's paint missing from the door edges! Also avoid parking next to 3dr cars (as the doors are huge), people carriers, 4x4, vans etc. But if you do that you'll probably be driving round forever :)

It used 2 :tsktsk: me off but now i understand y people do it & i always park far away where others tend 2 get as close 2 a shop as possible & how can u suss who is goin 2 park next 2 u once uv left your car :unsure:

Taking up two spaces you are asking for agro if the car park gets full! If i was desperate for a space and found someone in two spaces i would feel a bit like kicking it! (though I would NEVER kick a man's car, I might feel like it, and some people would!)

People carriers with sliding doors are OK.

I do have kids 1 with special needs

Lexus2D, i didn't say you didn't have children! I was in general saying, that people who take these spaces when they don't have children are just ignorant inconsiderate so and so's!! I have 3 children myself all under 7.

But even if you have children it doesn't permit you 2 spaces! As 84Stoney says, your asking for agro!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links