Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Disc

brucie239

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

hi everyone, was going to come on to tell u guys how i got quoted £100 difference from cov lexus and leicester lexus for my brake pads and disks (Leicester was the cheaper one). :tsktsk: :tsktsk: But Ive just read the brake disc topic posted last month. I'm soooooo mad , feel as cov lexus just rip me off they told me i needed new disk and pads when i went for my 30,000 service and quote me for £430. only came down to £330. cos i told them leicester would do it for that price.

Now i here u can get them done under warranty.... ooh the thiving robbing bas tards...will ring them tomorrow and give them what for.

would i be better off going to lexus GB

regards bruce

why would u get discs and pads under warranty if they are worn? or are yours damaged in some way?

well if was after reading hallex entris about his/her discs, so do u think is norm to replaced disc with first change of pads ? but it doesn't matter what u and i think, COS IS NORM according to lexus gb to replaced your disc with first change of pads so they told me. so i didn't get any joy from them. Is my first and I think the last lexus I'll buy all this shi t about the lexus experince is a load of crap. Is just a better packaging for toyota and they charge you for it.

Anyway spoke to a mechanic friend he did tell me almost everyones at it they all pushing you to change disc and pads cos is esay job for top money.... and you should get quote from other garages to compare as long as they are using gen lexus parts.

end of the day if you kick up some fuss you might get some joy like hallex, hope this help some of u when your time come to do your discs....

good day to u all

regards brucie

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having same issue with a Renault Megane - 44 k miles and my local Renault stealership wants £ 300 x2 to replace front and back discs. Car has full service history and its was bought new.

I was thinking of getting rid and buying a IS 220 D as the family has now grown up - but reading this forum I'm beggining to think more Audi, which I had pre wife and family !

I'm having same issue with a Renault Megane - 44 k miles and my local Renault stealership wants £ 300 x2 to replace front and back discs. Car has full service history and its was bought new.

I was thinking of getting rid and buying a IS 220 D as the family has now grown up - but reading this forum I'm beggining to think more Audi, which I had pre wife and family !

I wouldn't touch the 220 D from what i've read here, don't get me wrong the petrol is a beautiful car but unless u r going for the sel, I personaly would buy a top range honda than a low spec lexus.

also if u r looking for family car the back of is250 is not that big.

still a bit p off about the disc but like i said they r all at it.

good luck with your car hunting

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links