Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have I Done The Right Thing?

But there still seems to be a odd couple that no longer own

a Lexus but need to keep going on and on, its time to move on

I have been wondering should we change the name of the forum to the Lexus Owners and non-Owners Club.

By the way, does anyone remember Waldorf and Statler from the muppets.

From Wikipedia - "They are two ornery, cantankarous old men who first appeared in the television series The Muppet Show heckling the rest of the cast from their balcony seats. .....Despite constantly complaining about the show and how terrible some acts were, they would always be back the following week in the best seats in the house.!"

Don't know why I thought of them!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there still seems to be a odd couple that no longer own

a Lexus but need to keep going on and on, its time to move on

I have been wondering should we change the name of the forum to the Lexus Owners and non-Owners Club.

By the way, does anyone remember Waldorf and Statler from the muppets.

From Wikipedia - "They are two ornery, cantankarous old men who first appeared in the television series The Muppet Show heckling the rest of the cast from their balcony seats. .....Despite constantly complaining about the show and how terrible some acts were, they would always be back the following week in the best seats in the house.!"

Don't know why I thought of them!

Classic you know you are right they do seem that way :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Welshman, well done, the is220d does look a lot more of a car than the VXR even though the VXR was probably very nice, made a similar change recently and I am sure after a period of time you will do what I do...I tend to jump from a premium 4dr saloon to hot hatch and back again, MK5 golf GTi being the one I really miss.

I have had my is220d for 5month and the average is 40.2mpg, was 41mpg on my C220Cdi auto before the lexus so in comparison about the same.

Had a is250 auot last week and it was cracking and will definitely make the short list for my next car.

The IS is a lovely looking car, drives and rides well, built quality is good just the odd minor noise which are now sorted, I have put a diesel additive in which seems to have sorted flat spots as mentioned but would consider a tuning box so am awaiting a response on another topic before diving in. All in all I think you should be please, I am and certainly havn't got that 6-12mouth itch yet to change and hope to keep this another 13 months

Some of you are clearly not as happy with your cars as you make out to be having such a hard time with those of us that have left Lexus and wish to pass on our experience. Just as you have every right to tell people how good you think Lexus are, we have the right to tell people how bad we think they are. Doesn't make us right but neither does it make you right. It's an opinion and that is what forums are based on. It'd be called a Lexus fan club if it was nothing but back slapping.

Welshman congratulations on your new car.

Some of you are clearly not as happy with your cars as you make out to be having such a hard time with those of us that have left Lexus and wish to pass on our experience. Just as you have every right to tell people how good you think Lexus are, we have the right to tell people how bad we think they are. Doesn't make us right but neither does it make you right. It's an opinion and that is what forums are based on. It'd be called a Lexus fan club if it was nothing but back slapping.

Welshman congratulations on your new car.

Yeah great that is but as was said earlier Move on

Telling people how bad they are, once or twice, yes you have the right to do that.

Ramming your opinions down other people's throat ad nauseum - that's just sour grapes.

Do you feel you didn't make your point well enough, the first time or the second time or even the tenth time?

You're right, its not called the Lexus Fan Club. It's actually called the Lexus Owner's Club. What should that tell us?

That we can expect to get detailed reviews on the Volvo S80 and the BMW 525d ad infinitum? I don't think so.

Telling people how bad they are, once or twice, yes you have the right to do that.

Ramming your opinions down other people's throat ad nauseum - that's just sour grapes.

Do you feel you didn't make your point well enough, the first time or the second time or even the tenth time?

You're right, its not called the Lexus Fan Club. It's actually called the Lexus Owner's Club. What should that tell us?

That we can expect to get detailed reviews on the Volvo S80 and the BMW 525d ad infinitum? I don't think so.

Hang on it's a balance. You tell them how good they are adnauseum we tell them how bad they are. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't want to read how we are getting on with our replacements then don't read or post on the other threads. Some people want to know if we made the right choice to leave Lexus. The comments posted above are hardly contributing to debate or constructive are they?

I'm contemplating a new IS 250 Auto.

However, after years of owning Accords, I've practically forgotten what it's like to have anything go wrong.

Having come across this excellent site, I'm rather alarmed at the amount of dissatisfaction with various aspects of Lexus ownership being expressed.

I want to switch because of the perceived quality, performance and finish of Lexus cars. But not if I'm going to lose the rock solid dependability of Honda engineering.

A test drive, even an extended one, doesn't provide down-the-line information.

What does?

If you're going for an IS250 auto, I don't think you'll have any problems - this thread, and all the other unhappy ones, revolve around the IS220d which I have no experience with but doesn't seem to live up to Lexus expectations.

The petrol auto is silky smooth and afaik trouble free :)

If you're going for an IS250 auto, I don't think you'll have any problems - this thread, and all the other unhappy ones, revolve around the IS220d which I have no experience with but doesn't seem to live up to Lexus expectations.

The petrol auto is silky smooth and afaik trouble free :)

The complaints around the 220D are mainly to do with the 5th injector (fixed by recall) and gear ratios (in non-Sport models). Otherwise I find both models to share the same advantages and disadvantages (especially the interior rattles that are common on both the 250 and the 220D).

I use Lexus Woodford for all my maintenance work, they are absolutely fantastic, go way beyond the call of duty.

Their sales team is pretty good, but personally AJ at Lexus Edgware Road is brilliant, not your typical salesman and will do everything he can to get you the best possible deal.

Depends which is most convenient but those would be my recommendations :)

Thank you, Parthiban.

I'll have a look at Edgware. They're nearest.

I use the Edgware dealership. Sales good, servicing not so good.

By the way, even though it has been opened for a couple of months, tommorow is the open ceremony for the new Edgware showroom.

I use the Edgware dealership. Sales good, servicing not so good.

By the way, even though it has been opened for a couple of months, tommorow is the open ceremony for the new Edgware showroom.

Yep I got the invite for that, don't think I'll have time to pop down though.

I second that, service is ok, but nothing compared to the service at Woodford. Sales (AJ in particular) is very good :)

Thanks to all who have taken the time and trouble to respond. After one week I am more than happy with the car, some reservations regarding the gear ratios (sixth gear seems superfluous) the car is totally different to the VXR, but I have to grow up sometime. I am planning to fit MOMO V10S wheels and Eibach pro springs soon, simply to enhance the stance of the car.

Had mine 2 1/2 years and still like it - although it's had EVERYTHING under the sun done that's listed on this forum - garage estimate would be easily more than the original build cost, at dealer price labour/repair prices. Only parts not changed are Engine and body panels I think (and most of the glass). Still a very good car and has not let me down, although with Lexus I expect nothing less.

Dealer is consistently excellent - Lexus Edinburgh.

Brian :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links