Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seat Belt Buzzer Easter Egg

Well, the new car was delivered to my door at 730 this morning - yippee! Looks stunning - now I just need to get everything set up in it, whilst waiting for my insurers to confirm cover transfer...

First things first, the seat belt buzzer. There is a thread in the forum which says go to ign-on, press and hold the trip reset (having made sure it's on Odo to start with) for 15 seconds, clip the seatbelt in whilst holding the trip reset down and there should be an option popping up in the display, which can be set using the satellite switch. Nope, nada: all that happens is the trip A mileage comes up. Is this another egg that Lexus have removed on legal advice, or am I not not doing the procedure 100%?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

• 1 month later...
Well, the new car was delivered to my door at 730 this morning - yippee! Looks stunning - now I just need to get everything set up in it, whilst waiting for my insurers to confirm cover transfer...

First things first, the seat belt buzzer. There is a thread in the forum which says go to ign-on, press and hold the trip reset (having made sure it's on Odo to start with) for 15 seconds, clip the seatbelt in whilst holding the trip reset down and there should be an option popping up in the display, which can be set using the satellite switch. Nope, nada: all that happens is the trip A mileage comes up. Is this another egg that Lexus have removed on legal advice, or am I not not doing the procedure 100%?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

nothing at all on here works to get rid of the most annoying sound in the world!!! ive tried everything on the net, and although many seem to work on US models etc. im yet to find one that works in the UK :-(

Some of the old threads talk about counting a slow 30 seconds (how can there be a slow 30seconds one might ask... :huh: ) and not 15, unless you count a really slow 15s :lol:

I did it and it worked according to the ODO message, but the "bing" was still there. It's a waste of time...

Worked on my 57 plate is250 se-l mm

• 3 weeks later...
Some of the old threads talk about counting a slow 30 seconds (how can there be a slow 30seconds one might ask... :huh: ) and not 15, unless you count a really slow 15s :lol:

I did it and it worked according to the ODO message, but the "bing" was still there. It's a waste of time...

I know its not massively helpful but the directions on this site, worked a treat on my 57 250 SE-L MM

• 1 month later...

Can you (or anyone) tell me exactly what you are supposed to do to get rid of the seat belt buzzer? I tried the above but nothing happened (no message on the odometere and still "bings") - it seems from these posts that it has worked for some, so maybe the rest of us are doing something wrong? Thanks.

Would "put your seatbelt on" be too obvious an answer?

Seriously, though - why would people drive without wearing their seatbelt or want to? What next? "Can someone tell me how to disable all my airbags?"

Would "put your seatbelt on" be too obvious an answer?

Yes

Seriously, though - why would people drive without wearing their seatbelt or want to? What next? "Can someone tell me how to disable all my airbags?"

There are loads of reasons, all of which we have gone over before but I will again for those who can't comprehend there may be a valid reason. We obviously aren't talking about normal conditions generally. (I happen to agree with the annoyance of the buzzer if it forces people to put one on)

In my case it is taking certain test measurement readings. Over about a 4 mile site I am in and out of the car. There is no-on else on site, no vehicles and the road does not lend the car to be going over 5 miles per hour. Do you really think putting the seat belt on and off is going to happen? I am more likely to damage my back! As the seat belt buzzer gets loader and more frequent this is a wind up.

Also, the comment on the airbags - Yes, some do need them disabled depending on how they are physically.

Its not all about people who just don't want these things, some have valid reasons.

Know what you mean about the big sites, some of the aerospace manufacturer sites I used to work on were huge and some even had a bus to get you from building to building :lol:

Used to drive around those without my seatbelt and the noise did my head in then!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Just to add to this old chestnut...this has just worked on my is250 SEL-MM. Had to try it a few times and the long 15 or 30 seconds was not long enough. I held it in for 60s. Worked a treat!

Now.........anyone know how to shut the warning up for the "door open". Driving me nuts. If you do it at the wrong time according to the car, it cant be stopped almost!!! :shutit:

Cheers

Greig

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links