Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Leak!

D Robbo

Moved the car out of the garage and noticed a few spots of oil on the ground so I had a look round the engine and noticed a big leak coming out around the oil filter but I just cant get my hands in to tighten it up the filter is brand new from unipart I'm guessing that this was done by the dealership I got the car from but for some reason they didn't tighten it up so I'm off to the garage tommorrow to have it fixed.

Moved the car out of the garage and noticed a few spots of oil on the ground so I had a look round the engine and noticed a big leak coming out around the oil filter but I just cant get my hands in to tighten it up the filter is brand new from unipart I'm guessing that this was done by the dealership I got the car from but for some reason they didn't tighten it up so I'm off to the garage tommorrow to have it fixed.

This is why you should olny use Genuine toyota oil filter mate :D

I dont know why either but it was on the car before I got it unfortunatly.

note to others, always price up dealer service parts before cheap ones as they really are not as expensive as people think. :winky:

note to others, always price up dealer service parts before cheap ones as they really are not as expensive as people think. :winky:

what are you going to do..tell them to get a genuine toyota one on there :shutit:

Nothing the matter with unipart,they will handtighten it, clean with a rag and away you go :winky:

what are you going to do..tell them to get a genuine toyota one on there :shutit:

Nothing the matter with unipart,they will handtighten it, clean with a rag and away you go :winky:

lexus use a tool to tighten the filter

I'm more of a honda man myself and still getting used to all the lex stuff but whats blueprint/adl stuff like if used with the lex? I've never had any issues with their stuff and always used it for my civic. Not the only person that recommends it either as many people think of the blueprint stuff as good quality. Apparently its meant to be closest to OEM?

I'm more of a honda man myself and still getting used to all the lex stuff but whats blueprint/adl stuff like if used with the lex? I've never had any issues with their stuff and always used it for my civic. Not the only person that recommends it either as many people think of the blueprint stuff as good quality. Apparently its meant to be closest to OEM?

i use blueprint front pads and i think they are ok, hardly any dust. :) a lot of people i know recomend blueprint

got blueprint front disc and pads and rear pads on my 300.

highly recomended, no dust at all and fantastic hard wearing break compund...have had the disc and pads for over a year now, car used daily and driven hard, hardly any ware.

top stuff

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links