Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Phone

Gord

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, thank you for taking the time. :)

I thought with your Big Gold Badge you would be above that kind of thing.

Thank goodness I understand what a forum is for and so won't be reporting you to the mods for breaking the rules. :)

I am enjoying your use of the "we" as you seem unable to stand on your own. You seem to have a need to feel part of a group and are desperate to gather your troops. "Good ole Geoffers" sticking up for us! hehe I am sure people on this forum are quite capable and do not need you as some kind of self-appointed daddy. Think for yourself.

Actually Geoff is in no way on his own. You snidy comments on anything that doesn't come out of Steves Jobs backside have been noted by many people that have become increasingly tired of your petty remarks.

I said forums are for arguing? Maybe in your head. I implied it is one of the facets of a forum. Of course arguments happen of forums but that is no reason to be closing threads. I am glad the mods have the sense to leave this thread open. What a dull restrictive place it would be otherwise. Freedom of speech and all that. A forum is a place for healthy discussion, debate, arguments and EDUCATION.

Absolutely true, discussion, debate and education are indeed what forums are for. So why then do you seem incapable of taking on board other people points of view so a debate and discussion can be facilitated. Like Geoff says your constant sniping makes people reluctant to actually ask questions for fear of being ridiculed

DJ Wozza: It was not my intention to ridicule anyone, just to assist them so as not to waste their money on dying platforms. It is just baffling to me that the same people who go to the trouble of choosing such an elegant fantastically engineered car are prepared to slum it when it comes to a mobile.

Thats just it. If you visit BMW forums, Audi forums, Merc forums etc they will say exactly the same thing about their cars and they will (in most cases :P) be just as happy with their cars if not happier. Lexus just like apple are not perfect and their cars (just like apple products) are not to everyones needs. If I were to buy a diesel would I get an IS220D? Not really, but the people that have one I wouldn't constantly criticise and snipe just becuase it wasn't the car or product for me.

Maybe just a little more tact if you don't mind...........

And my turn at being childish; this is how I imagine your car would look:

macstickercar.jpg

I've got a better idea - why not just ban Tyger? :whistling:

A few months ago I did a search on his posts - there were a couple in the LS forum that were car related, almost everything else was extremely, (borderline offensively), pro-Apple and anti-everything-else propaganda postings. I'd put money on that state of affairs being the same today if I had ten minutes to trawl through the posts.

Tyger - you're not useful, you're rude, and frankly you don't contribute anything useful on here, and I for one would rather you weren't here at all. This would be a better and more useful forum without you - there are plenty of people who can helpfully point out suitable apple products in response to genuine questions, without making people feel stupid at the same time. I doubt very much I'm alone in feeling like that.

macstickercar.jpg

WOW!!

thats fantastic.. it must be the new iCar!! i bet it has a better engine than anything ever before and because its apple it wont break down and is just generally superior to annything else!!

ok back to the real world..

@tyger - if you really thought of yourself as contrubuting something this forum then i think you are quite mistaken. over 95% of your posts are purely pro apple advertising. If you were so pashionate about how great your lexus is then why dont you contribute in a more beneficial way?

i am sick of your rants, abuse, disrespect and genral rudeness to established members that contribute a lot this forum. if thats an advertisement for apple or what you become when you are an apple fan boy then you have certainly put me off their products.

It is true that the Iphone and ipod have become an iconic part of this decade but that doesnt make them the best thing ever.

Again i add that if you had constructive thjings to add and responded to facts when they are posted people might have more time..

i think we would see more constructive conversations between two die hard football fans of man u and liverpool than your drivel!

For somebody who is "in the industry" you are one of the most narrowminded, uninformed, blinkered individuals i have ever had the displeasure of knowing and wouldnt last a second in any sales environmnet that sells anything other than apple products.

now if you would like to leave this forum and dissapear over to an "i love apple products" forum im sure harmony will be restored.

macstickercar.jpg

WOW!!

thats fantastic.. it must be the new iCar!! i bet it has a better engine than anything ever before and because its apple it wont break down and is just generally superior to annything else!!

ok back to the real world..

@tyger - if you really thought of yourself as contrubuting something this forum then i think you are quite mistaken. over 95% of your posts are purely pro apple advertising. If you were so pashionate about how great your lexus is then why dont you contribute in a more beneficial way?

i am sick of your rants, abuse, disrespect and genral rudeness to established members that contribute a lot this forum. if thats an advertisement for apple or what you become when you are an apple fan boy then you have certainly put me off their products.

It is true that the Iphone and ipod have become an iconic part of this decade but that doesnt make them the best thing ever.

Again i add that if you had constructive thjings to add and responded to facts when they are posted people might have more time..

i think we would see more constructive conversations between two die hard football fans of man u and liverpool than your drivel!

For somebody who is "in the industry" you are one of the most narrowminded, uninformed, blinkered individuals i have ever had the displeasure of knowing and wouldnt last a second in any sales environmnet that sells anything other than apple products.

now if you would like to leave this forum and dissapear over to an "i love apple products" forum im sure harmony will be restored.

Here Here well said

I thought with your Big Gold Badge you would be above that kind of thing.

Oh yeh, have a dig at a Gold Member because he respects the forum and what it can offer enough to give something back. Isn't it Gold Members who keep this forum going?

Though obviously his money would be better spent on an ipod shuffle, right?

We are all tired of your apple loving drivel, and personal digs at well liked members such as Geoffers is gonna get peoples backs up. If it keeps on like this then this thread will not improve and will need to be edited/closed by mods.

We are all well aware of your views on all things apple, and all things not apple (you know, that rubbish other people waste their money on). We have all read and taken in (though mostly disregarded) your advice, you don't appear to have anything new to say on the matter, so please, for everyone's sake - Shut Up!

freedom of speech! You can't ban someone just because they have strong opinions! it is quite hilarious just to see the egos at play here. I don't need to watch X-factor for entertainment, just read this thread! haha!

freedom of speech! You can't ban someone just because they have strong opinions! it is quite hilarious just to see the egos at play here. I don't need to watch X-factor for entertainment, just read this thread! haha!

Don't you start! :P :P

There is nothing wrong with strong opnions as long as other peoples views are taken on board and respected. :whistling:

I'm all for freedom of speech and this thread has provided me many a laugh. I would never suggest banning anyone for their opinions, everyone is entitled to their opinion (even Tyger, and even if they are wrong). But once opinions have been aired, do we need another 7 pages of back and fourth apple advertising and off topic personal insults?

I'm all for freedom of speech and this thread has provided me many a laugh. I would never suggest banning anyone for their opinions, everyone is entitled to their opinion (even Tyger, and even if they are wrong). But once opinions have been aired, do we need another 7 pages of back and fourth apple advertising and off topic personal insults?

Quite simply by entering into a dialogue with Tyger (or whoever has strong opinions about a product or a brand), all that can happen is that the interaction is extended. The off topic personal insults are not limited to one person only. The forum is what WE make it. If the majority of members dislike one person's opinion about a product, they are not obligated to respond with a counter argument.

Guys please keep this on thread, and no more personal comments or Apple arguements please.

I would suggest this thread becomes Gords blog and feeback on his new phone and how he gets along with it.

Any more off-topic responces will be removed. Final warning

I thought my post was on topic stating that the main Iphone user is a fasion conscious person, i only posted tygers comment as it provided back up to my statement, Also I only thought "tart" was abusive when direct towards a woman LoL ( awaiting a slap from the missues)

how about moderation in moderation.

either

1) lock the thread as i requested,

2) leave responses to tygers commnets that people have put time and effort into

3) remove all off topic responses