Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wirring Diagram For Amp Bypass Cable Is200

I have searched, but I have no found a clear answer. best answer so far was:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...cable&st=20

Instead of using pre amp out's can you use the speaker wires (+ive) to connect? and the connect all of the speaker wire (-ive) to the brown wire?

Mine is a 2002, so the wirring is differant again

much easier to buy the guaranteed to work bypass lead from E-bay Item number: 280269933796 IMO

True it is more easy, but it is Cheaper to make one. If you are ok with a solidering ion it shoudn't be to hard. has any one had a close look at the item on eBay?, or even better dose anyone have one they can make a diagram of?

Its a simple lead,

Just like a long normal adaptor you buy for Fords etc.

The input plug to the amp has the speakers, earth, Battery, and switched on it so you just need to look at the diagram, figure out which is which and link off it.

Stav

on the lead, how do the speaker wires join? do all of the -tive go to a single wire? and if so dose the cable use doides. I have the Radio and amp wirring daigram, my question is, the Amp & Radio has only four wires for speakers and what looks like a shared ground wire. So, if I connected all four of the +tive speaker wires to the correct channel wire (on the amp) and the connect all of the -tive speaker wires to the shared ground, would this work?

on the lead, how do the speaker wires join? do all of the -tive go to a single wire? and if so dose the cable use doides. I have the Radio and amp wirring daigram, my question is, the Amp & Radio has only four wires for speakers and what looks like a shared ground wire. So, if I connected all four of the +tive speaker wires to the correct channel wire (on the amp) and the connect all of the -tive speaker wires to the shared ground, would this work?

OK well i might be able to help as i did actually make my own one back in 2006 before they were made and distibuted by another company, it is reletivly simple to there is a quick root, if you have the existing AMP still assuming you do

Open the AMP up unsolder the big connector block as this is the one that conects to the speakers inside the car, i think from memmory that each pin is marked on the PCB so you can make a note here and remove the pins you dont need the only additional thing you may want to do it piggy back the rear speaker wires on to the WOOFER wires on this connector as you can imagine standard headunits out put front and rear at speaker level but no sub i do have the wiring list at home in a file so i can tell you which wires go where later if this will help

as you have the wiring diagram already you might get this done before i get a chance to open up my black book

much easier to buy the guaranteed to work bypass lead from E-bay Item number: 280269933796 IMO

I would tend to agree with Woz on these.

But if you really wanna make your own, and feel you have the skills, you can probably also work out what needs to go where with a little trial and error and a multi meter!

OK well i might be able to help as i did actually make my own one back in 2006 before they were made and distibuted by another company, it is reletivly simple to there is a quick root, if you have the existing AMP still assuming you do

Open the AMP up unsolder the big connector block as this is the one that conects to the speakers inside the car, i think from memmory that each pin is marked on the PCB so you can make a note here and remove the pins you dont need the only additional thing you may want to do it piggy back the rear speaker wires on to the WOOFER wires on this connector as you can imagine standard headunits out put front and rear at speaker level but no sub i do have the wiring list at home in a file so i can tell you which wires go where later if this will help

as you have the wiring diagram already you might get this done before i get a chance to open up my black book

That would be great

is your time and effort really worth saving 23 quid. also if you go with rabstars method, what you gona do if/when you sell the car and have to return back to stock.

I live in hong kong, most poeple when selling their car leave it as is, I not talking about a full custom install, just a new head unit.

If I can soilder it into the existing harness it shouldn't take to long, It is just a matter of knowing how the speaker wires connect on the "bypass cable"- Most aftermarket head units have a +ive and a -tive for each speaker, while with the standard only seems to have +ive imputs, and a shared earth

If I can soilder it into the existing harness it shouldn't take to long, It is just a matter of knowing how the speaker wires connect on the "bypass cable"- Most aftermarket head units have a +ive and a -tive for each speaker, while with the standard only seems to have +ive imputs, and a shared earth

You have both wires per speaker feeding back to the existing connector so just connect as your new outputs require.

I just had a look at the pics in http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=52362 now it is alot clear, The Amp bypass lead does bypass the amp, I remember reading in somone post that it doesn't bypass the amp only the "air" inbetween the amp and the head unit. but what this lead does is just takes the speaker connections from the amp. the outputs from your headunit run dirrectly to the speakers and not through the amp.

Correct me if I am wrong

I have a question,

- If i want to use an external Amp to power the front speakers.

and make them show a 4ohm load.. Will I need to run new wires to the speakers ?

(I am sure I read somewhere that the amp bypass cable keeps the orginal impedance of the speakers.)

Only if the output is dramatically increased then you would need larger cable to handle the current, but not as far as impedance is concerned.

The current will increase as the impedance decreases so take that into account as well as any output increase but generally speaking, no you won't need to.