Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snooper Radar Detectors

MsW

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:iraqi-info-minister: :iraqi-info-minister: :iraqi-info-minister:

Sorry - dyslexic fingers. typed £349 meant £439 - not much difference there :whistling:

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats what I thought Linda - for £349, I would have ordered one tonight!!!!

One question though - unmarked cars following - will anything pick that up? Saw a dark IS nicked today - by plod, eastbound M62.

Thats how I got caught :sad: followed by an unmarked red (old shape) BMW 3 series. I don't think anything will pick those up you just need to be observent of a car folowing you at a fixed distance. Also look for the normal things camera under the rear view mirror etc if I car comes up behind you.

Also, I know the S5R has a 'city mode' to prevent false alarms in built up areas :D

My Snooper 815 had that and it made no difference, but I know from speaking to Zee his seems much better. Therefore anyone buying one I'd suggest at least the S5.

I wonder how cheap we could get the S6R on a group buy? It would have to be under 400 for me to be interested.

I have an S6 Neo, and they're fab.

I have the GPS engine version only, which cost me £299 IIRC. My thinking here was:

- Northants police user laser guns, rather than radar

- The database seems to have all the fixed (laser/gatso/specs) cameras I've ever seen, including a new one that turned up 4 days ago (and I was saved from!)

- The SPECS handling on the S6 is vastly superior to that on the Blue-i

- The laser detector doesn't give you any warning on any of these systems. By the time they've fired the gun at you, and set the alarm off, it's too late.

- If you're worried about lasering, you need a, ahem, jammer. These aren't entirely legal, but do work. Obviously for use only whilst on a test track, for test purposes, bla bla bla.

- The S6 unit ties in so neatly with the IS' interior (orange backlight, black, fits by the cigarette lighter)

- Completely reliable modem, is built into the unit, rather than an external (Blue i)

- Display VERY clear and easy to read

There are two versions. The S6 Neo (GPS) and the S6-R Neo. One has the radar/laser engine, the other doesn't.

Either way, there are some good discounts to be had for gold members. I've had mine for about 6 months now, and it's been utterly reliable. Which is more than I can say for the Blue-i I tried....

Regards

A

Either way, there are some good discounts to be had for gold members. I've had mine for about 6 months now, and it's been utterly reliable. Which is more than I can say for the Blue-i I tried....

Regards

A

Gold Discount :P :P

Can you please PM me the company name/details, I can't seem to find it in the list :)

Thanks, Ifraz B)

ifraz. would you care to share this info. coz i could'nt find it either :withstupid:

ditto - seeing that Pee J and I are both GOLD members and all that..... ;)

and me! :blush:

I have sent you all a PM with the details :)

ifraz. would you care to share this info. coz i could'nt find it either :withstupid:

me too please :D

i sense group buy coming .... :lol:

me too please :D

i sense group buy coming .... :lol:

PM with details sent :ph34r:

Thanks to agalbraith for pointing out the company in the first place.

none gold members may be interested to know that this thread refers to a discount with a company where a saving of £100 can be made on two "license protecting" ( ;) ) products - with the possibility of a further saving through a group buy.

thats 4 years gold subscriptions paid for in one go!

:yahoo::yahoo:

NONONO, I have read all sorts of reviews and comparisons of radar detectors and by far the best one thatll keep u away from tickets is the ValentineOne

You sound confident about the ValentineOne. Do you have one? I'll be browsing on the web to have a look.

NONONO, I have read all sorts of reviews and comparisons of radar detectors and by far the best one thatll keep u away from tickets is the ValentineOne

You sound confident about the ValentineOne. Do you have one? I'll be browsing on the web to have a look.

I think AlienneilA is in the US though, probably different models are best over there.