Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

17 Inch Is200 Wheels Good For Gs 300?

Glyn Davies

Hiya Guys

been offered some 17 inch IS200 215/45/17 lexus alloys and tyres - will these fit straight onto my 1996 GS 300 and also can I use the same wheel nuts that come as standard with my 16 inch alloys?

Any advice keenly taken.

Whilst I am on -am I best lowering my car with new shocks and lowering springs or coilovers? -what price should I expect to be paying for either option?

I bow down to all your infinite wisdom

Thanks

Glyn

The wheels and nuts will fit no problem.

As for lowering it depends on how low and your budget./Springs/coilovers

Cheers T7RY B.......it's great to be able to ask advice from people who know their stuff.

I don't want to go too low just for it to sit nice on the alloys as it isn't a gs sport and sits up a bit. I suppose I will have around £400/£500 for lowering but that will need to include fitting as I have absolutely no mechanical skills.

I notice you are from Cheshire so might know some good contacts for servicing/mechanical work etc. Feel a bit cheeky though cos I can't repay the favour really and I am used to paying for advice......

would have thought the GS needs wider wheels?

Checking the offset and width would be a good idea, to confirm they sit well in the arches before you spend your money on them. Though I'd say will "probably" be OK.

As for lowering, coilovers are the better option, and are more adjustable, but will cost more. Check Tein website for some good kits. You should be able to do shocks and springs for that budget, though the coilovers (especially if ure factoring the price of fitting) may be a bit over it.

EDIT: Tein offer an S.Tech kit (may just be for newer GS) that only costs £199 (plus fitting) but as far as i can gather, it will lower the car but give no particular handling gains! The higher range kits are £600 plus. Shocks and springs may be your best bet mate.

believe the pcd is same for all Lexus cars so ok there

Offset- you need 50 - any different will affect cars handling (change track width) prob in a negative way

Guess the IS wheels may look a little thin on your GS as GS wheels would be 8J normally on 17"

Again-if thinner will affect the handling