Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is250 -advice Please

I am within a gnats whisker of purchasing an IS250 auto. However of course it may or may not happen :winky: (for any salesman who suss me out)

Ive done some homework and checked the size of the boot - i can fit the clubs in and a roof box can handle the yearly visit to the airport :whistling: so i wont be on here next year having a dig about this isue

I appreciate that the back seats dont go down and also accept that there is nothing i can do about that . The positives are that I wont be loading MY car up with stuff for the tip :winky:

Creaking dash / rattles - Is this a major issue or have Lexus done something about the latest models?

Seats - non leather - strangely enough the good lady was worried about them 'pulling' and someone on the forum mentioned fabric ripping. Is this common?

Colour - Anyone got black- would you go for it again

Service costs- Anyone have rough ideas on year 1/2/3 service prices and would it pay for me to buy a service plan?

For those of you that have had one for some time whats it like to live with and would you recommend one? and would you buy / lease etc again?

many thanks

Creaking dash / rattles - Is this a major issue or have Lexus done something about the latest models?

Service costs- Anyone have rough ideas on year 1/2/3 service prices and would it pay for me to buy a service plan?

For those of you that have had one for some time whats it like to live with and would you recommend one? and would you buy / lease etc again?

many thanks

While I can't comment on the 57 plate onwards my 07 plate had the dash rattle and was fixed under warranty no probs

colour - I have got black to be honest it's a nightmare to keep clean ( but does look the dogs when it is ) would i buy another black one not a chance

As for service costs these seem to vary dealer to dealer but I paid £188 for my 1st/10,000 service

yes I would buy another

sorry can't comment on the non leather seats

hope this helps

i have a 56 plate 220d in black,

i would never have a black one again, its a bugger to keep clean and the bonnet is splattered in white spots from stone chips which show up the undercoat the paint is really soft.

the car has been in for various ecu mods and injector changes ect but still returns 30 mpg

its had a new drivers seat due to rattles after several visits to resolve it.

its had numerous rattles and has a very annoying one next to my right ear i just cant be bothered any more taking it in to get it sorted.

the oil warning light came on before the 10k and 20k service.

1st and 6th gear are crap

this is the first deisel i have ever owned and to be honest it will be the last, i had a 250 auto for a couple of weeks when mine was in for repair which is a totally different car to drive what a mistake i made with the 220d, they should never had brought out this car in my opinion, and we wouldnt have filled this forum with as many complaints

i think the new is looks great the best looking mid sized exec at the mo but go for the 250 please

i have a 56 plate 220d in black,

i would never have a black one again, its a bugger to keep clean and the bonnet is splattered in white spots from stone chips which show up the undercoat the paint is really soft.

the car has been in for various ecu mods and injector changes ect but still returns 30 mpg

its had a new drivers seat due to rattles after several visits to resolve it.

its had numerous rattles and has a very annoying one next to my right ear i just cant be bothered any more taking it in to get it sorted.

the oil warning light came on before the 10k and 20k service.

1st and 6th gear are crap

this is the first deisel i have ever owned and to be honest it will be the last, i had a 250 auto for a couple of weeks when mine was in for repair which is a totally different car to drive what a mistake i made with the 220d, they should never had brought out this car in my opinion, and we wouldnt have filled this forum with as many complaints

i think the new is looks great the best looking mid sized exec at the mo but go for the 250 please

thanks...the IS250 is what im aiming at....looks like black is a no no (guessed as much) constant cleaning doesnt reaaly do it for me :whistling:

Silver's the best colour if you want it to look clean all the time.................I agree the white does look good but my favourite is the caspian sky (bluey white)

I really didn't like the cloth seats at all though, I thought they looked horrible, but they didn't seem like they would wear badly............

silver is the default choice for disguising the dirt,the downside to silver is that it never looks stuning.i have the dark blue mica which i think is called winsor blue.the beauty of the dark mica colours is that you in different light conditions it has three shades which is very pleasing to the eye.i would go for the se it's the best choice come resale time.

Black looks great but having owned a silver car for three years I can confirm it magically hides the dirt :-)

The auto is essential for the IS250 IMO, the manuals are heavy duty and it shows in the heavy shift action, plus the auto is below 225 g/km so the tax is less, whereas the manual is above that threshold.

I wouldn't worry about potential small probs like rattles, any car can suffer and if you've got a warranty lexus will fix it.

I am within a gnats whisker of purchasing an IS250 auto. However of course it may or may not happen :winky: (for any salesman who suss me out)

Ive done some homework and checked the size of the boot - i can fit the clubs in and a roof box can handle the yearly visit to the airport :whistling: so i wont be on here next year having a dig about this isue

I appreciate that the back seats dont go down and also accept that there is nothing i can do about that . The positives are that I wont be loading MY car up with stuff for the tip :winky:

Seats - non leather - strangely enough the good lady was worried about them 'pulling' and someone on the forum mentioned fabric ripping. Is this common?

many thanks

Hi,

as you must have surfed through the various post on the IS it can get difficult to get it right in your head is this a good car ,well after 2.5 years of ownership here goes

1 creaks and rattles - most sorted but dependant on weather (hot or cold)

2 fabric seats - hmm not my cup of tea - looked at a 220d sport with this - not impressed

3 cost of ownership. the IS was designed and developed with this is mind - service costs ok - dependant on your local stealership.Its when they start charging you for discs that have worn out at 19k (although I got a full refund from Lexus GB)- their choice of oil. blah blah 10k service £180 20k £1200 inc 3 tyres. plus front discs and pads.

4 black - yes I have black - its ok but you have to work at it and it looks the nuts when clean - Lexus Bristol used to run the Sat wash club - but it was abused and it is no more .

5 water gets in every time you open a door or boot when it rains

6 yes I think I would buy one again(thats changed from 6 months ago ) after 10 months New BMW 320d M sport Auto

things to watch out for - can use engine oil - intermittent engine rattle on start up - front disc life - mm cd problems -wheel corrosion-blah blah blah

cheers

swager

many thanks

Doog - sensible choice - the 250 Auto!!

Most of the comments have been made above, but in this current climate, I would be bargaining for a free 3 year service deal...the car is not cheap to service (Diesel or Auto), especially if you do high miles - but the dealers are being credit munched at the moment and will do deals!!

As far as the colours are concerned, as mentioned above - the darkest colour you should go for is Mesa Red IF you are bovvered about swirls, chips etc. Anything darker will show up like the Mole on Cindy Crawfords lip... :whistling:

Other than that if you want rarity then Caspian Sky is a dream boat - it looks fantastic...but you do have to keep it clean. Either Silver or Brechin slate are cool too.

My advice would be to wait for the Facelifted version. They will be discounted relatively heavily when launched as they will be out just when everyone is even more skint than they are now...may be the deals now will be better, but there is nothing like getting a car with the midlife facelift. All gremlins should have been ironed out and I would say that it will be worth the extra few £00...!!

PS - servicing packs - these are not cheap from memory on a Lexus - something like £1200 for 3 years all in....but that will include tyres etc too. So unless you do high miles, I wouldn't bother. My 220d cost £155 incl for the 10k, and then £290 for the £20k. That might help to work it out. Good luck!!

The Cellensia is very good (cloth), leather is good too - but I'd personally go for the Sport Auto - you get HID's, 18" wheels/sports sspension and most of the stuff the SEL has. The only thing you will lose is seats with vents, the latter TBH you don't need anyway!! They are heated on the Sport, just not ventilated IIRC.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links