Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rotrex Supercharged Is200

I have to admit that I am disappointed that this thread and this thread got closed over the weekend. I really feel that they were due to reach the proper conclusions shortly.

I don't think it's fair to TDI or to the Lexus community that they have been closed without the facts being brought to light and accepted, so I'd like to bring this to it's natural conclusion and hopefully facilitate an epiphany for certain people.

My understanding is that there are 3 outstanding issues:

1. Automatic transmission upgrade.

2. Crankshaft pulley.

3. Spark plugs/coil packs

I'll deal with each issue in turn.

1. Automatic transmission upgrade.

My claim that none of the work carried out by TDI had been unreliable, was challenged by a member who stated that the automatic transmission had been unreliable.

TDI did not undertake any work on the transmission, and in any event our client was fully aware that the transmission was totally experimental.

I was then acused of "basking in the glory" of something that we we did not build, although that doesn't really sound like our style at all.

Crankshaft Pulley

Two members put forward an assertion that a TDi Technician had advised Barrie that the crankshaft had broken. This is totally incorrect on two points. Firstly it was not a TDI Technician, it was our Sales Advisor, and secondly it was the (standard Lexus) crankshaft pulley harmonic damper that had sheared - not the crankshaft. You can read about this on the blog on our web site.

I was present and part of the conversation at the time with Barrie & Janie, so I know exactly what was said, and am obviously party to the facts of the matter. I don't know how/who/why the story got twisted (that's a converation to be had among those who spread this rumour), but the discoverable and indesputable fact is that those who propogated and believed this story are completely wrong, and those who argued about it without verifying the facts seem to me to have degraded their own credibility.

Spark Plugs/Coil packs

A misfire event at the LOC day at TDI caused a member to believe the words of a TDI Tech upon initial inspection "looks like a spark plug or coil pack problem" to mean "definately is a spark or coil pack problem".

What doesn't seem to have been considered properly is that very shortly afterwards, the TDI Tech knew for sure that it wasn't a spark plug or coil pack issue, but after a year or so later, certain people still seem to think it was a spark plug or coil pack issue and continued to argue about it. All that needed to happen was to ask us.

Additionally, use of the words "come clean" insinuated that we were hiding something about this issue, which is also totally incorrect.

Also thrown into the mix to justify a belief that validation proceedures had been conducted, was a reference to converations with 4 TDI customers who apparently were not happy with us. Firstly, for correct validation or due dilligence processes to have been conducted, at the very least "the other side of the story" should have been investigated, and preferably a correctly quailified independant inspection should have been sought. Without these all you have is an unqualified and one-sided opinion. Secondly, for the sake of demonstration lets say that there are 4 (or even 40) people who were genuinely unhappy with our work (and had good reason to be), that is a very small ratio considering the thousands of customers we have had. Most importantly, I am completely confident that if there is anyone with a legitimate issue with us we will deal with it swiftly and professionally, and will pay for any genuine mistakes that we have made.

From the above it should become clear that some significant mistakes or misunderstandings have been made related to these issues, mostly derived from assumptions and the belief of incorrect rumours. I hope that these people will give more consideration to their thoughts, words and actions in future.

I also hope that those guilty of propogating the false rumours and showing unfair negativity have sufficient decency to show some remorse to Dave Read and to the Lexus community who have been deprived of the story of one of the most highly developed is200's in the world.

Oh dear, here we go again :duh: :nugget:

Actually Steve, yes thats how it comes across....oh here we go again, but unfortunately, theres some bias on LOC, so for the younger members, who see this they feel that the TDI bashing, from the select few is the norm, and acceptable

ive said it before......

and agree that alot of the bull**** posted is hearsay....only recenty i have had almost the same discussion regarding this ****.

its always the same few people having something to say.

heres my opinion Gord, and others that feel the need to jump on the band wagon.

if those people in your list

Raj, cho, adie, deano, grim, zee, Dave ellen, yemgi, Fargo

have issues, let them say there piece, not you!

who are you, there spokesman?

ive been saying over the past 5 **** years...enough is enough, stop the **** bickering, your helping no one, especially not the club

and ive always been happy with what has been done to my car, and if i havnt, its soon been sorted out.

all it took was a phone call or Email

So taking this statement at face value there have been times when you have not been happy with the work done.

No one would expect you to give details of what went wrong as thats your business.

However its not unreasonable to ask how many times have you found things to be wrong and returned the car for these problems to be sorted out is it :winky:

no not at all, there were things which could have been done different, and i pointed these out to mark, i never said it was done wrong

i have never had to returned the car,, because something was done wrong

it has however been back many times through choice, or because something was being remapped or waiting for run in.

however once the car was completed,(on my return to the uk) it ran on the road, without any issues what so ever

Oh dear, here we go again :duh: :nugget:

Actually Steve, yes thats how it comes across....oh here we go again, but unfortunately, theres some bias on LOC, so for the younger members, who see this they feel that the TDI bashing, from the select few is the norm, and acceptable

ive said it before......

and agree that alot of the bull**** posted is hearsay....only recenty i have had almost the same discussion regarding this ****.

its always the same few people having something to say.

heres my opinion Gord, and others that feel the need to jump on the band wagon.

if those people in your list

Raj, cho, adie, deano, grim, zee, Dave ellen, yemgi, Fargo

have issues, let them say there piece, not you!

who are you, there spokesman?

ive been saying over the past 5 **** years...enough is enough, stop the **** bickering, your helping no one, especially not the club

As you ask, yes and no, Raj dont mind at all :D

I thought enough was enough when tdi left, been nice place without him.

When so much false information comes from Mark i feel i have to say something, if all was happy with the work thay have had done, then none of the bickering would have gone on at all, but FACT is thay have said something, i dont know the full story of what went on with Grim, but what i do know(from Grim) he didn't get the backing from LOC when he had his problems with Mark.

How me pointing out a tuner that continues to send out bad work and give false information,is bad for the club, is beyond me.

From Marks 1st post on this topic

Mark

and secondly it was the (standard Lexus) crankshaft pulley harmonic damper that had sheared

Dave Read

Yes it is not true that my crankshaft failed , what did break was my pully that i made at work

slight contradiction !!

Theres some bias on LOC you saying or people pointing out Marks BS/false information to members ?

I'm genuinely confused, though, why an apparently contentious subject area that ended up with Bazza closing two threads and saying "enough is enough", has resurfaced in a brand new thread. What's changed ? :blink:

I'm not trying to be funny, but if I had a thread locked on a discussion that I had started and had ended up going bad, would it be generally acceptable for me to start up a new thread on the same subject a day or so later ?

I think I must be missing something here.

IMHO, if there is a problem with something or someone with a specific company, surely it can be sorted amoungst those involved on a more personal level rather then public.

We all have to remember that TDI is a business and if it were my business I would protect it too, whether I needed to or not.

Yes, people have problems, but yet people always have good experiences. For instance, we always would curse our ENGLAND goal keeper for not saving goals, but never praise him for saving the many he did.

I have had good experiences with TDI and think mark is very knowledgeable when it comes to car tuning. You have to remember that where there is a will there is a way with TDi. Take for example all the 1st installs they have ever done and off course some need tweaking like all things new. we need to appreciate this.

I think we should sit back, relax and be thankfull of companies so helpfull to lexus members and offering all these tuning solutions to lexus owners, before I joined LOC, I never even knew how to get Lexus tuning parts untill I saw and found the TDI link.

I have been happy with things I brought from there............ :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links