Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shaking Is200

Niklas Sweden

Hi!

My IS200 Sport (year modell 2000) starts shaking when reaching 80km/h (about 50 mph) and continues to approx. 130 km/h (about 80 mph).

You can feel it throug out the car, i've recently fixed the front brakes and balanced all wheels so it's not just the front wheels or brakes.

I've had it to a Toyota shop today and they could feel it, but couldn't find any worn bushings and we also checked the counter-weights on the drive shaft.

The big bearing (not shure what it's called) holding the drive shaft is also OK. The gearbox bushings aswell.

I'm running out of ideas of what it can be, so does anyone know what this could be?

Regards,

Niklas / Sweden

P.S. I'm Swedish, so if something is mistyped - that's why :winky:

they are symptoms of an unbalanced wheel, i would get them re-balanced

a buckled wheel would show when being balanced

could also try swapping the rear wheels to the front

try the cheap option to eliminate possible bad balancing, before starting on costly items

Hmm... I suppose it could be. Couldn't see any bumps in any rim, but didn't look that hard.

Any more suggestions?

get someone to either drive it and you drive behind and you should see if its the rear wheels,i had it on my old car and as soon as i hit 50 odd mph it shook like mad

Okey, i'll balance my winter-wheels (yeah, it's getting cold up here :D ) and fit them this week and try them out instead.

I actually, come to think of it, have got spacer rings on the front wheels. (Yeah, I know it's not ideal - but its the only way to make my rims fit)

Maybe they're playing me a trick...

Thanks for all of you're responses!

PROBLEM SOLVED! :D

It was the spacer-plates on my front wheels that caused it all. They've made the hub-rings on my rims not fitting correctly, and the first curb probably moved the wheels slightly.

I actually grinded down my front brake calipers now, so the wheels fit without spacers.

I still feel a slight vibration above 60mph, but I know my right wheels needs to be balanced.

Final thoughts...

Don't by Darwin Racing "RAGE" rims unless you're ready to grind down your front calipers - they just don't fit!

...or just don't use spacer-plates at all!

Thanks for all of your ideas & quick responses. I'll visit this site more often in the future!