Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Email Scam - Trying To Buy My Car!

shake

well its not my car, however it is my girl friends...

i originally got a text saying please email p.****@yahoo.com to discuss the car sale... at first i thought it was odd as whats wrong with talking to me?.... i dont bite...

any heres how its gone!

> --- On Mon, 10/6/08, shakher patel wrote:

> From: shakher patel

> Subject: vauxhall astra

> To: "p.*******@yahoo.com"

> Date: Monday, October 6, 2008, 8:21 PM

>

>

> Hi you sent me a message about the car for sale, how can I help?

>

> Shakher

>

> ________________________________________________________________________________

>

> Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:04:55 -0700

> From: p.*********@yahoo.com

> Subject: Re: vauxhall astra

> To: s********@hotmail.com

>

>

> thanks. i will like to know the present condition of the car , if you are the first or second owner of the car and reason for sale . i am a car dealer and i have been asked to get the type of your car....with the picture of the car i saw on auto trader ..i think your car will be a great deal.. kindly get back to me as soon as possible. thanks.

>

> paul cuthbertson

>

>_____________________________________________________________________________

>

> --- On Tue, 10/7/08, shakher patel wrote:

> From: shakher patel

> Subject: RE: vauxhall astra

> To: p.**********@yahoo.com

> Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 11:42 AM

>

> Hi Paul,

>

> The car belongs to my partner. She purchased the car from a car supermarket a few years ago. It was an ex-demo car from vauxhall and my partner is the 3rd owner I believe. I'll double check this when I get back from work.

>

> The only faults with the car is the rear bumper. There are some scuffs on the side where other cars have pulled out too close and has taken some paint off. We've been quoted £80 per corner for a smart repair job.

>

> The car has a full service history and mainly used going to and from work on the A13 which is a motorway/ dual carriage way. Mechanically the car is in perfect condition and has never let her down. The tyres have lots of life in them still as they were recently changed.

>

> You say your a dealer? Do you have a website I can look at? Or can you supply your company name? We are interested on replacing this car once it has sold.

>

> Please let me know if you need anything else.

>

> Thanks

>

> Shakher.

> ________________________________________________________________________________

> Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:25:08 -0700

> From: p.cuthbertson@yahoo.com

> Subject: conclusion on sale of car

> To: s********@hotmail.com

>

>

> hello ,

>

> i have spoken to my client who needs the car and to my suprise ...he accepted to buy the car with no hesitation even when i told him i was not around to view the car... anyway since he has accepted , he told me his financier working in partnership with him in uk will be paying for the car ...... he also made me aware that the payment will come along with the shipment fee and all other expence that may cost to get the car to ireland where he his located.....

> I have discussed with the financier and all details concerning the payment of the car has been finalised. A cheque for the payment will be sent to you immediately he has your contact address. However, the payment will include shipping and clearing fees. Once you receive the cheque just deposit it to your bank till it clears the bank. As soon as it clears you will help send the difference between the vehicle price and payment amount to my shipper. Once this is done the shipper will call you to arrange a convenient time so that he can come take delivery of the vehicle for onward shipping. This is because the car will be sent to ireland.

> Kindly get back to me with your full name and address so that the cheque can be drawn and sent out to you.

>

> regards,

>

> paul cuthbertson

now how can i make this fun?

maybe....

Hi Paul,

I would like to personally deliver the car at no extra cost, as I have an estate in Ireland. I am constantly traveling between the countries for work and could drive over.

How about you supply me with the address?

Thanks,

Shakher

and bring Gord, Anees, Aztec, iceman67 etc and a nice lady from down south called Elga :lol:
and bring Gord, Anees, Aztec, iceman67 etc and a nice lady from down south called Elga :lol:

i'm up for it :lol::lol:

we'll go in Anees Beemer as it's a diesel

YAY!! ROUND TWO!! :D

i'm up for it :lol::lol:

we'll go in Anees Beemer as it's a diesel

YAY!! ROUND TWO!! :D

lmao! I loved that thread...what a way to sell a car :lol:

I would like to personally deliver the car at no extra cost, as I have an estate in Ireland. I am constantly traveling between the countries for work and could drive over.

Thanks,

Shakher

Ask him where exactly in Ireland ;)

we don't take kindly to scams over here either ... :angry:

i serisouly doubt he is in Ireland mate, as said above probably somewhere in Africa

LOC meet in Africa will take some doing!

But if you send me a cheque and all your card details and pin numbers and any other useful information my contacts can easily arrange all the details. Please thank you.

He doesn't want the car he just wants your cheque for the differnce betwwen the price of the car and the cheque he sends you made of rubber.

Perhaps tell him due to the credit cruch cheques with your bank in Iceland are now taking in excess of 2 weeks to clear, is this OK?

Thanks,

Shakher

yea we will join up north an south and give him a good kicking lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links