Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats Top Speed You've Got On Is200

If the gearing was altered you could end up changing up and dropping below the VVTi point, which would knacker your acceleration through the gears.

there is no "VVTi" point, the VVTi system on the engine is a constant variable camshaft, VVTi, is a constant....not a defined moment

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many people run higher tyre pressures when they go to Germany, I would say you should do if you're doing autobahn speeds.

and what speeds are they then........?

98% of the autobahn system is a maximum speed of 130km/h.(81mph), with large portions at 120km/h, and some parts as low as 80km/h

only a very small percentage of the autobahn network is now De-restricted

Yeah I have actually been, and around the Munich area there wasn't much autobahn that was derestricted. But I wasn'tsure about the rest of the country.

there is no "VVTi" point, the VVTi system on the engine is a constant variable camshaft, VVTi, is a constant....not a defined moment

I know it's not like VTEC. I used to have a vvc car and that was constantly variable too. But there's no denying that on the IS200 it picks up noticeably over the last 2000rpm.

Lets just face it guys the is200 is a amazing car that makes me giggle like a little girl when it takes off but in the real world it aint that fast

i have had my ***** wooped many times by cars i thought would be left for dust

its a big car with alot of weight and that 2.0 engine just aint enough if you want more power feel free to put a supra engine in or a is300

or just do what i do use your imagination and think my name is michael knight my cars name is kit no one can beat me no matter what

it works forget about your fancy turbos and super chargers just think your going really fast and play some good driving tunes

yeah i know i talk a load of crap lol

laters BIGDAVE

Thanks Mat, that's what I thought.

I know it's not like VTEC. I used to have a vvc car and that was constantly variable too. But there's no denying that on the IS200 it picks up noticeably over the last 2000rpm.

Yeah but is that just the VVTi though ? Might be a combination of the whole thing, VVTi, engine characteristics, ECU, etc.

Anyone got a Camcon and tried playing about with it ? What does it really do on the VVTi front ? On the Power Enterprise website it says that the Camcon :

controls the Toyota VVT-I timings up to +/- 20 degree in 15 different points and the Air to Fuel ratio in 17 different points at every 500-rpm increments.

and that it :

can further advance or retard the camshaft angle with respect to the stock VVTi mechanism.

So putting aside the AFR bit, is that right ? The Camcon is altering the way the valves operate across the rev range really ?

I am astonished to read the claims that IS200's can exceed 130mph. Judging by the acceleration feel, I am surprised that they can exceed 120mph. How accurate are the speedos? Check out rototest.com for the REAL power figures for the IS rather than Lexus's own. Most manufacturers overclaim their output figures and it seems to work. Even Top Gear/5th Gear quote them as gospel. I guess it would be so expensive to dynotest every car after having paid for all those expensive film shoots.

Not sure what you mean by the "REAL" power figures. Are you perhaps referring to the power at the wheels as opposed to the engine output power ? Because manufacturer's figures are engine power, not what you get down at the wheels. Since that's what all manufacturers quote, I don't really see the problem, you're still comparing like with like if you compare one engine's power with another.

The point I am making is that manufacturers quote their engine power outputs not the power at the wheels. ROTOTEST measure the latter for each vehicle and that is the real like for like. The engine power output is academic. The problem is that manufacturers only make a CLAIM for engine output.

............ its a big car with alot of weight and.....

laters BIGDAVE

i realise how heavy today :)

took 3 off us to push the thing into a sparking space after geting it off the recovry truck today.