Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking About Making The Leap!

Dan_Harris

Ok guys

The time has come that my IS has just not got enough power for me :P, so thinking about converting to a Altezza.

My criteria however is :

1-I would like it to have the JDM headlights (similar to my IS see sig)

2-TRD or pref TTE kit

3-I'm not a fan of the large rear spoiler

4-must be a manual gearbox (don't want my left foot to get bored :P)

Ok guys what's my chances :)

Also a couple of q's

a - does tax differ in comparison to the pre 2k1 IS200's?

Thanks

Dan

Wow that was quick, understandable though........I don't believe the tax rules are the same for imports so you should be fine there.

1. Headlights, can't you swap the ones you've got?

2. Unlikely to have TTE kit as that was a Europe thing as far as I know, quite likely it'll have TRD or even better the Legana front bumper which is my favourite :)

3. They don't all have that spoiler (the spec was the same as the rest of the world, anything that was an accessory here, was also an accessory in Japan)

4. I think there are less manuals around due to emissions regs or something, so it'll probably be harder to find but don't know much about it

Parthiban seems to have answered your Q's. Sounds like your after a manual RS200.

Try and find one with no mods done to it (both bodywise and mechnically- won't be easy as many will have been modified, some tastefully and some badly). Other option may be to bring in a clean/unmolested example from Japan, not sure if this is still possible.

Tax rules should be same as a pre 2001 IS200, £185 in 2009 and £200 in 2010. Isn't supercharging your IS an option?

Why not buy an Altezza (for the power) and spec it as an IS (leather interior etc)- that way you have the best of both?

Exactly my plan ;) and in all honesty I'm not a great fan of leather gives you a numb arse :P but the half is decent, but i won't lose sleep over it especially having 210bhp at my right foot ;)

the RS200 needs to revved to get that power though, not alot of torque down low...

RS200 is very nicely balanced handling wise ....

power is something that is addictive, first test drive you love it, but then in a few months you get used to that and start thinking why you didn't buy one with a turbo already fitted as doing it afterwards is never cheap... then there's guys with Turbo's fitting bigger and bigger and die hards thinking mmmm... supra twin turbo engine transplant.... it never ends

Agreed Noel however the IS standard is very tame on the power front, I'm not trying to set any speed records, my choices are either get a RS200 and have the little extra luxury and a few performance mods on it or get a S15 and tune that up :) insurance is roughly the same from the quotes i've had so far and tax is low aswell.

Agreed Noel however the IS standard is very tame on the power front, I'm not trying to set any speed records, my choices are either get a RS200 and have the little extra luxury and a few performance mods on it or get a S15 and tune that up :) insurance is roughly the same from the quotes i've had so far and tax is low aswell.

I'd say S15 all day long mate! Mods are more widely available and theres more that you can do with the car

Ok guys

The time has come that my IS has just not got enough power for me :P, so thinking about converting to a Altezza.

Have you had a drive in an Altezza?

When i first had a test drive i was quite dissapointed with the power and i tried about 5 different ones before i bought it... Knowing that it was 210bhp i was expecting to be blown away, but for me the lack of bottom end power spoils it a little, although on the flip side it can be quite fun when those valves open up, it's like night and day the difference :) I love the looks though, definitely a head turner :)

I'm used to driving fairly quick cars though, so that's probably why i wasnt too impressed... I definitely agree that you always want more, oh i'd love a Bugatti Veyron :lol:

Good luck mate

haha unfortunately I haven't driven one (any offers :P ?)

Yeah the S15 has swayed me I went and viewed one recently running 300bhp with some fairly standard mods on and I was really surprised he was running 0.8 at low boost and 1.1 on high.

Shanem "if" I won the lottery I wouldn't actually buy a veyron lol (defo have to have a play in one) I would go for something original like a Koenigsegg CCX-R Edition (the full carbon fibre jobby) or a pagani zonda-R something you don't see everyone expects ferrari's and lambo's lol :)

Oh and I would defo have to have a wolf in sheeps clothing 2jz drop in a IS200 with standard TTE kit and have it running around 500-600bhp :D

• 2 weeks later...

315jeez, didn't realise it was that hot! anyone have any old threads with build etc of Singh's? I've heard a lot about it as apparently he's from my way near milton keynes and his tezza is somewhat of a urban legend.

I am extremely tempted by a tezza it has to be said, having been out in Sam's turbo'd IS it did make me a bit moist :P, I've heard that like the IS the altezza also needs a large chunk of change put in to get some good performance figures? If Rrs200 comes on weds to Ace cafe I may pick his brain about the Tezza's tuneability etc and try and gauge what's best to do, keep the IS and put money in or chop it in for a tezza and have a better starting base?

DECISIONS DECISIONS

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links