Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Glass's Guide Etc...whats The Point?

doog442

I fully accept the market conditions but isnt this guide meant to reflect these current conditions and price cars accordingly?

£8000 trade on a 05 IS200 SE

£6400 trade on a 53 IS200 SE

These prices seem quite reasonable in todays climate but find a dealer who will offer you that in part ex..no chance. Yet this is their bible.They are still advertising cars for sale well over book price and offering £2000K under book in part ex

What is the point in guides like this when car dealers are on a different planet :tsktsk: They are offering discounts to individual customers but i was told its not the 'Lexus thing' to advertise it...

Surely Lexus dealers must be being propped up big time by Lexus GB / Toyota whatever as they simply cannot be selling cars at the moment!

I fully accept the market conditions but isnt this guide meant to reflect these current conditions and price cars accordingly?

£8000 trade on a 05 IS200 SE

£6400 trade on a 53 IS200 SE

These prices seem quite reasonable in todays climate but find a dealer who will offer you that in part ex..no chance. Yet this is their bible.They are still advertising cars for sale well over book price and offering £2000K under book in part ex

What is the point in guides like this when car dealers are on a different planet :tsktsk: They are offering discounts to individual customers but i was told its not the 'Lexus thing' to advertise it...

Surely Lexus dealers must be being propped up big time by Lexus GB / Toyota whatever as they simply cannot be selling cars at the moment!

I suppose it's just a starting point for negotiations - if you don't like their prices (and who does?) then bargain them down and see what they will do. Being propped up by the manufacturer won't last forever and they will have to discount.

It's a problem for the whole market, I don't suppose Ford are selling many cars either, at the moment.

Sales of small mega-economical cars are up apparently. But yeah cars like Lexus must be unshiftable at the moment. Another example of the Govt killing off a market (and one of their tax incomes doh!).

One thing to bear in mind about Glass's is that it's not what the trade uses. They have another guide called CAP (the black version not available to the public), which is what they use to value cars. Prices could well be different in there.

Glass s guide is in fact used by many dealers -probably more than use CAP.Many auctions use CAP as a price guide.These guides cost aprox. 350 pounds a year to subscibe to so obviously they have a point in the trade.Bear in mind they are just a guide to prices not the written law.Its down to the customer and the customer to do the best deal they can :winky:

Apparently VW Financial services have had a record year in the UK.

My house was valued this week at MORE than the same company valued it 9 months ago!! (I needed the valuation as I am buying a holiday home in Paris and Turkey) Again it will only be worth what someone is willing to give for ti.

The current economic climate is screwing things up!

Because people can't get credit for a car they can't afford anymore.

tell that to mercedes finance

at a guess either people who can afford it or are putting there house at risk instead (2 shiny new cars outside, nothing in the fridge syndrome).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links