Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 V8 Into My Is200

MeMo

started work on the oil return for the turbo to the sump today, useing -10AN return line, will upload some pic,s sunday.

all so started work on fiting the custom rad, where the old IS rad sat i had to cut that away to get the new one to fit as it is alot biger than the IS rad, will be replaceing the cut/out bit once the rad is in place, the new rad has to sit under the bit that the bonnet lock is bolted to ( cross/member ) i had to put it there as there is not alot of room if i put it in the same place as the old rad, to get the turbo in, so i had to make some room and the best way for doing that was to place it under the cross/member, This way it gives me alot more room to play with & to place the turbo where i want it. will put some pic,s up sunday

very good mate, keep the updates coming :D What was that rear skirt you had fitted before mate?? :unsure:

That was part of a body kit i got from the US sorry can not remember the name of the kit, and i still have rear skirt fitted :) but the rest of the body kit has been replaced, with custom side skirts.......and custom front lip...will put some pic,s up when its all done :)

very good mate, keep the updates coming :D What was that rear skirt you had fitted before mate?? :unsure:

That was part of a body kit i got from the US sorry can not remember the name of the kit, and i still have rear skirt fitted :) but the rest of the body kit has been replaced, with custom side skirts.......and custom front lip...will put some pic,s up when its all done :)

Quite like that rear skirt you've got fitted, i've just got my hands on a TRD front lip and TRD side skirts which i'm in the process of prepping and spraying and just looking for the rear now but not much on the TRD rear as its a bit too square looking to me, and the one you have isnt too over the top but looks like it would go fine with the TRD kit? :whistling:

Quite like that rear skirt you've got fitted, i've just got my hands on a TRD front lip and TRD side skirts which i'm in the process of prepping and spraying and just looking for the rear now but not much on the TRD rear as its a bit too square looking to me, and the one you have isnt too over the top but looks like it would go fine with the TRD kit? :whistling:

hi mate, if you go to gallery and look for pic,s of marcus IS you will see my car how it use to be :D or look for post's by marcus, you could well fined one when i got the kit, and should have the name of it there....

I should have reconised the side skirts, there the same as mine

yea yours are the same as my ones :D but i dont have them any more...i now have something that no one will never have :D as i have made my new side skirts

Marcus what rad you using ? i was looking at using a supra one ?

the one i ended up geting was for a honda, but it was a custom made for a honda, but it was the size i was looking for so i got it, and at the price it was up for i could not pass it up :)

the one i ended up geting was for a honda, but it was a custom made for a honda, but it was the size i was looking for so i got it, and at the price it was up for i could not pass it up :)

Coolio, i'm thinking i might try and use the standard IS rad as i will be making a air scoop directing flow straight over the intercooler and the radiator and then out of the bonnet, hopefully if this is efficient enough a smaller lighter rad might be possible.

Do you know what turboooos you going for ?

Coolio, i'm thinking i might try and use the standard IS rad as i will be making a air scoop directing flow straight over the intercooler and the radiator and then out of the bonnet, hopefully if this is efficient enough a smaller lighter rad might be possible.

Do you know what turboooos you going for ?

yea i was going to use the IS rad but i needed one with a biger core, as i think the IS core is only 25/30mm where the one i have now is 50mm

turbo, im useing is T3/T4.....good for about 400,BHP so it should work well :)

over the past week i have been looking at flywheels and clutches & hydraulic bearing assemblies,

I got a PM of one of the members on the V8 site that i go on, that was useing the same gearbox as me (R154) but he is now going to use the V160 (think he said) and he ask me if i would like to buy all the parts he has :) so i have now got all the bits comeing from him, flywheel + Quarter master Twin plate clutch and Bearing assembly :D

over the past week i have been looking at flywheels and clutches & hydraulic bearing assemblies,

I got a PM of one of the members on the V8 site that i go on, that was useing the same gearbox as me (R154) but he is now going to use the V160 (think he said) and he ask me if i would like to buy all the parts he has :) so i have now got all the bits comeing from him, flywheel + Quarter master Twin plate clutch and Bearing assembly :D

Is the V160 the 6 speed ?

Is your R154 avalable then ? Or bits of it ? Lol

No, he means the other guy is uprgrading to the V160 so he's given Marcus the bits from the R154 to finish off Marcus's gearbox.

like he says Ellz, the guy has gone for the V160 as he has put V8 in his supra, and i think his setup when done will be somewhere around the 800BHP.

I have had the R154 before i got the V8 lol but as time went on i was thinking of useing the auto box that came with the V8 to save some time lol, but then i started to think about it, the auto box can only take around 300BHP and with that. thats no much good to me as i will be running more than that, so im going to stick with the R154 Box, like i said i have just got hold of a flywheel and Quarter master Twin plate clutch and Bearing assembly of that guy :D its come all the way from NZ

why do project cars (and projects on cars) always take at least 4 times as long

and are 10x more complicated than originally envisaged ?

well its like this when you start to think about doing something to your car, and then start the work, you then do things to your car that you had not planed to do, so then it takes longer and more cash, i have done alot to my IS that i had not planed on doing when i 1st started the project.

its only taken me this long as i have not had the cash, for someone who has the cash sitting there, you could well have this done in 2 - 3 months, where it has taken me 20 but then i am turboing this as well, it would have been done months ago if did not have to make a turbo setup for it...

well its like this when you start to think about doing something to your car, and then start the work, you then do things to your car that you had not planed to do, so then it takes longer and more cash, i have done alot to my IS that i had not planed on doing when i 1st started the project.

Exactly. I understand completely mate as it has been the same for me and all the extra bits (electrontics/I.C.E related)

that I have done to my car. I hope you understand I wasn't having a pop, just merely being ironic related to my own experience at modifying my car, and my empathy with you for all the hard work/head scratching that people won't really

know about when they see your car as a finished article.

Exactly. I understand completely mate as it has been the same for me and all the extra bits (electrontics/I.C.E related)

that I have done to my car. I hope you understand I wasn't having a pop, just merely being ironic related to my own experience at modifying my car, and my empathy with you for all the hard work/head scratching that people won't really

know about when they see your car as a finished article.

Hi mate, yea i know you was not haveing a pop :D hope you dont think i was..... lol