Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My nearside zenon has recently failed, i have arranged a visit to the dealer but i was wondering if anybody would know what could be the cause.

I have been advised that it is 'likely' to be covered by the warranty, if not, is it likely to be a major expense.

Thanks for any advise / comments in advance.

Hi,

One of my Xenon headlight bulbs failed earlier this year and it was NOT covered by warranty.

I parked the car at Gatwick Airport for two weeks in January/February during my holiday and the bulb was fine when I started the car on return but blew a few minutes after that - not sure what the exact cause was but perhaps the freezing temperatures had an effect?

Had to make three visits to the dealership to get it sorted. First time they didn't have any new ones in stock and the second time they managed to break the new one during installation and had to order another. The whole process took just over a month!

The bulb itself cost £146.15 and labour was quoted as £90!! They didn't charge me for the labour in the end after I complained to the manager.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply -

I don't think the bulb has as blown because it illuminates for about a second when i switch on the main beam, dealer has mentioned that it could be a sensor?

Will find out more next week.

Hi, I had the same issue where the passenger side Xenon flicked on for about 1 second then went out. I went to my local dealer and they confirmed that the bulb was faulty and tested this by replacing it with a new one. These new Xenon's are supposed to last around 20 times longer than normal halogen bulbs. The OEM ones which are used by Lexus/Toyota are referred to as the D4S and made by Philips. I complained to Lexus customer services and they replaced the buld FOC as the car was only 1 year old.

Have a chat to Lexus customer services as they should do this under warranty as the Philips bulbs themselves come with a 2 year manufactures warranty if you bought it direct from Philips.

Good luck!

The bulb itself cost £146.15 and labour was quoted as £90!! They didn't charge me for the labour in the end after I complained to the

you payed how much!!!

HID / Xenon bulbs can be baught on eBay

ive had some eBay bulbs, made by Philips in my IS300 HID lights now for 4 years, and they cost me £22

Hi,

One of my xenon headlight bulbs failed earlier this year and it was NOT covered by warranty.

I parked the car at Gatwick Airport for two weeks in January/February during my holiday and the bulb was fine when I started the car on return but blew a few minutes after that - not sure what the exact cause was but perhaps the freezing temperatures had an effect?

Had to make three visits to the dealership to get it sorted. First time they didn't have any new ones in stock and the second time they managed to break the new one during installation and had to order another. The whole process took just over a month!

The bulb itself cost £146.15 and labour was quoted as £90!! They didn't charge me for the labour in the end after I complained to the manager.

Hope this helps.

I've got one on the way out, most times it start up, then it's OK. A couple of times I've had to power off the lights and back on to start it. Just looked on eBay as suggested, and I can buy a pair of 6500K's ( whiter than the standard fit ) for about £68 including p&p.

Search for "D4S HID", the ones I'm looking at now are JDM 6500K Super White D4S HID.

I think a new topic of 'We will not be ripped off" is in order!!!

£146 for ONE bulb and £90 to change it? Sounds very "German priced" to me...

Surely it's a DIY jobby - no more difficult to change than a normal H type bulb...

There are a couple of very good ebayers out there. I've seen people running Day Running Lights with Xenon's for years (literally thousands of hours) and thousand of miles without a blow out...

Check these out on eBay FOR A PAIR

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links