Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

!help! Is200 Wont Start !

Dee, glad your car is sorted now mate :)

My car is getting close to 60k, it's just over 4 yrs old. I was going to leave it till 70k till doing the cambelt, based on the fact that it used to be 100k so down to 60k might a bit conservative.

But after reading this I don't think I'll risk it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shutit:

WOW, theres alot of **** being spouted in this topic.

it will do no harm, on getting the timing set back to the correct marks , and putting a new belt on.

this will cause no more damage than "could have been caused" so far.

otherwise you take the risk of stripping the head off to look at a perfect head............. :rolleyes: trust me, it has no damage!

when i ran my garage/workshop in Germany, if a customer brought a car in for a snapped belt, the first task, was to check with a belt on.

on most of the engines there was no damage and the cost was only the change of the belt and pulleys.

the is200 engine is non-interference so you should have no Valve / piston strike what so ever

THE 1GFE ENGINE WILL BEND VALVES AND SORRY BUB BUT THEY ARE MAD MONEY FOR the valves :crying:

:shutit:
WOW, theres alot of **** being spouted in this topic.

it will do no harm, on getting the timing set back to the correct marks , and putting a new belt on.

this will cause no more damage than "could have been caused" so far.

otherwise you take the risk of stripping the head off to look at a perfect head............. :rolleyes: trust me, it has no damage!

when i ran my garage/workshop in Germany, if a customer brought a car in for a snapped belt, the first task, was to check with a belt on.

on most of the engines there was no damage and the cost was only the change of the belt and pulleys.

the is200 engine is non-interference so you should have no Valve / piston strike what so ever

THE 1GFE ENGINE WILL BEND VALVES AND SORRY BUB BUT THEY ARE MAD MONEY FOR the valves :crying:

We already established this later on in the thread mate.

Hello there,

wounder if any one can shed some light on this...

was driving home for just now and my is200 just switched off and it will not start back up. i have no idea what the probblem will be

ive check the following and all is fine.

plenty water

plenty oil

never have starting issues

all the belts are there

never had over heating and the car did not over heat.

no engine management light has come on

the engine ticks but will not start up.... :crybaby:

***i am soooo p!d off, out of all the cars ive ever owned ive never broken down, and a jap being the most reliable cars it just dies end up coming home on a truck.****ahhhhhh :angry: ***

ok im calm now

please help.....

Was it your alternator, by any chance?

Hello there,

wounder if any one can shed some light on this...

was driving home for just now and my is200 just switched off and it will not start back up. i have no idea what the probblem will be

ive check the following and all is fine.

plenty water

plenty oil

never have starting issues

all the belts are there

never had over heating and the car did not over heat.

no engine management light has come on

the engine ticks but will not start up.... :crybaby:

***i am soooo p!d off, out of all the cars ive ever owned ive never broken down, and a jap being the most reliable cars it just dies end up coming home on a truck.****ahhhhhh :angry: ***

ok im calm now

please help.....

Was it your alternator, by any chance?

no if you read it his cambelt snapped