Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

T-reg GS300: recently had the front passenger side shock replaced under warranty. The ride seems fine - certainly better than before - but I've noticed the car 'leaning' slightly towards the drivers side...nothing more than a few mm but it's certainly not exactly level.

Would this pose a problem and should it be looked at?

just one thing although they must be replaced in pairs.. thats "axle" pairs... i.e. front or rear pairs.. and not sides... as i have seen that done before.. lol.

I could understand if the car was a few weeks or months old (or the shock was) but on a 98/99 model i really cant undestand why they would have done that

I think it would be fair to say that most things that occur in pairs on a car should be replaced in pairs - ie brake components, suspension components etc. Replacing just one side is a bad idea as it's out of balance then. Possible exception would be tyres as long as the opposite side is still fairly new and you're replacing because of something like a puncture rather than it wearing out.

As TheDon says, 'pairs' refers to left and right at the same time, not front and rear on the same side!

not the only dealer to replace one shock...would appear to be common practice among Lexus dealers then. My dealer told me they were replacing one shock absorber under warranty,only for me to tell them they are done in pairs......

to this day i think they didnt bother doing either :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links