Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Help Appreciated

mudzs

hi and apolagies for my first post in ages being a help wanted one :whistling: . i have recently put the engine from a 220 turbo coupe into a rover 214 bubble shape . car runs great and boosts very well , problem is it smokes when idleing . no smoke at all for up to 15 mins of driving and then as soon as tick over starts to smoke again . once you drive it smoke clears until you tick over again . car was done just as bit of a project but problem is bit of a head scratcher . i have changed head gasket and the turbo but no joy . hoping some of you are die hard rover fans at heart and can help :tomato: .

valve stem seals

the T series engine is a bit of a pig for oil leaks, and have always dogged the engine way back to the early days.

have you checked the drain for the turbo, that it isnt kinked, or slightly blocked

i am...not a secret fan of Rovers, ........id be interested in seeing some pics

Hi mat i was hoping you would see this . the block and head was fully reconed with new stem valve seals etc . but i am starting to think that it can be the only thing left as you say . i have another head but do not know its history . might be worth sticking it on just to see .

will get some pics up mat , looks nice stting in there and go's like stink . looks standard on the outside , even used the standard rear pipe to keep it looking bit of a sleeper ..

Was it a new turbo you put on? I had a turbodiesel once that smoked terribly when idling; it was the turbo bearings letting oil past which was then pooling in the turbo housing. Once you put a few revs on it all got sucked into the combustion chambers and then came out the back as smoke.

what colour smoke is it? white smoke it is the intercooler, or one of the pipes has a hole in it if it is black smoke sounds like turbo.. Brother had a rs turbo and his turbo went caput, did the same as you, seen it running was ok put it on his car and it smoked... You not got any oil in the intercooler have you? could be dragging abit in that way.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links