Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well I was parked up in central Birmingham ( in a spot where I should'nt have been ) unloading and I put my jacket in the boot with the key in it. Tried the doors locked and nothing doing, thought well I'll try the boot before I panic and it opened. So looks like the design and mechanics are right. You can't lock it in the cabin or in the boot and if you are forgetful and don't turn the engine off it beeps as you walk away. I thought I was going home on the train this time.........

Well I was parked up in central Birmingham ( in a spot where I should'nt have been ) unloading and I put my jacket in the boot with the key in it. Tried the doors locked and nothing doing, thought well I'll try the boot before I panic and it opened. So looks like the design and mechanics are right. You can't lock it in the cabin or in the boot and if you are forgetful and don't turn the engine off it beeps as you walk away. I thought I was going home on the train this time.........

Its a great Feature and also it gives different beeps depending where the key is !

Boot /In Car

Its a great Feature and also it gives different beeps depending where the key is !

Boot /In Car

You can lock the keys in the car, as I have done it !.

I put my jacket in the back, using the back door, shut the door, answered the mobile then heard a click as the doors locked......keys inside & me outside. Boot also locked, so spare keys were needed!.

Tried many times after, outside the house with the spare keys to hand & could recreate the problem using any passenger door. however, I couldn't manage to lock the keys inside the car by entering through the drivers door

Us Mk 1 owners aren't as lucky as I found out to my dismay last weekend. :oops: Was about 70 miles from home and my girlfriend was not too happy about having to deliver the spare keys to me at 10 at night. I think I'll change to the 05 model when the recession is over :lol:

Did the same in my old IS200, miles from home in a motorway service area, when I shut the boot, with the keys inside, having already locked the doors. RAC man eventually turned up, got a small airbag in between the top of the driver door and body, inflated it enough to be able to get a wire down to flick the bootlid lever: voila, keys recovered.

Never did it again, fortunately.... :whistling:

• 1 month later...
Did the same in my old IS200, miles from home in a motorway service area, when I shut the boot, with the keys inside, having already locked the doors. RAC man eventually turned up, got a small airbag in between the top of the driver door and body, inflated it enough to be able to get a wire down to flick the bootlid lever: voila, keys recovered.

Never did it again, fortunately.... :whistling:

Hi All, its been a while since I posted. This key locking is a good one and I have done it in my IS200 probably quite common it comes with being able to eject the boot without opening the car putting coat in and thinking doh.

I had a new 250sr demo at the weekend and heard a strange bleep as I tried to lock the car and voila coat on back seat. Very clever.

But this will help you if you do manage to lock keys in a car thats not as intelligent as the new IS

Call your wife, partner whoever on their mobile phone, at home(assuming thats where the spare is) on your mobile phone stand next to the car and get whoever has the spare key to point it at their phone while you point your phone at the car, and it will unlock the car, try it its fantastic.

I didn't believe when I heard it so it tried it. The other good what is that if you walk away from your car and you think "did I lock it" and you press the lock button but your too far away , hold the key to your head and it will lock it, obviously this has its limitations but it will extend the original range.Probably bad for you mind :crybaby:

I didn't believe when I heard it so it tried it. The other good what is that if you walk away from your car and you think "did I lock it" and you press the lock button but your too far away , hold the key to your head and it will lock it, obviously this has its limitations but it will extend the original range.Probably bad for you mind :crybaby:

Didn't JC demostrate this on Top Gear?

Didn't JC demostrate this on Top Gear?

It may well have been Top Gear, it may even have been a post on here ? but you can't help but try it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links