Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reverse Camera Install

there never was a 'sound problem' i just didnt need one personally.

Surely you did as you were watching DVD's and playing PS2. Lets be honest who wants to play a video source

(like TV/DVD/PS2) with no sound whatsoever ? This was what you were doing when you first posted up your solution

if you didn't change your head unit from OE until very recently. If you were using an aftermarket Head Unit already,

then there still was the still a 'sound problem' for OE users, hence why I hadn't mentioned your solution.

If you indeed had an integrated audio solution to inputing Audio into the OE system back then, I'm sure

you would have mentioned it at the time...........

i have beed using the single input unit now for a month now with no problems..

050720081325xa91.jpg

it works great and some of you may have seen this working with video or PS2 at the LOC WIM meet..

i will be getting a final price on monday and will be able to give full prices including fitting instructions. but it looks a little cheaper than i first thought at around £110 + delivery.

I need to make everybody aware of a few things.

It does not do audio input to an oem stereo so you will need to get this seperately.

The reason I didn't mention your solution was the guys (previously in this thread) had asked for TV/DVD/PS2 into the

OE Sat-Nav & OE Audio system along with reverse camera. Surely without audio it simply isn't a a prectical solution.

If all you want to do is add a reverse camera to the OE set up, then obviously it would be a great solution on it's own,

but otherwise TV/DVD/PS2 etc is no fun without sound.

Hence why I stated sound problem, and why I hadn't mentioned it.

After doing some web research, the Grom AUX IN system (gives RCA/Phono input, not the same as the Grom iPod)

sounds like it could be used as asolution to the audio input into the OE sound system, and in good quality too. It should

work in much better quality than FM modulators :sick:

Does your video switch allow for a few video sources (plus the reverse switching camera) so it can be connected

to Freeview TV/DVD & PS2 etc ? If it does, members would also need some kind of automatic audio switching system

to work alongside the video selection system, so the audio & video sources swap together.

That would then be exactly what Tony & Tommy and may other Navigator model owners would love to have.

Multi source Video & Audio input into the OE Lexus IS200/IS300 Sat-Nav & Audio system, at a reasonable cost.

First of all, sorry to the original poster for putting up the thread that started the slip from his topic.

If any moderators would prefer I started a separate thread then just let me know.

I have been keen on getting other signals in / out of my OE sat nav screen for some time. Not being very knowledgable in this area has been the problem.

If anyone has a solution then I would be most interested in getting more info.

Ideally a PSP2 could give games and DVD capability then I suppose a freeview TV tuner would cover all bases. Is there some sort of kit that could do this easily / cheaply?

As stated let me know if you'd prefer a fresh thread on the subject.

Regards,

TM

Good idea Tony :)

A fresh thread would be best stating your full requirements for system integration to the OE Sat-Nav & OE Head Unit.

Some ideas below as to just get you started....

1. how many video sources you would want

2. wether you would want a reverse camera (non audio) or even a front camera

3. how many of those sources would be required to have sound

4. easy switching/system control to swap the video/audio feeds without excessive complications

5. suitability for using an aftermarket Head Unit in the future (in the event of dredded ERR3)

6. cost

plus of course anything else you can think of Tony :D

Redz video input sounds a good place to start, as does the Grom AUX-IN at the front end to connect to the car,

but then some other kind of video/audio switching system control would be needed between those inputs & your

TV/DVD/PS2 etc to allow extra sources to be added. This would need to incorporate an input for a reverse gear trigger,

as a default the screen would swap directly to the reverse camera when reverse is selected.

I look forwards to your new thread Tony in the Lexus Audio/Video/Electronics/Security section.