Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reverse Camera Install

Hi Wozza

Where did you get this camera? Is something like this on eBay? What is the viewing angle?

I 've been looking for such a small one. The smallest i ve found is this: -click-

item number: 310091898140

But i am not sure it will fit where you put it...

And one small observation. Bumper is just visible to the left of your screen. Wouldn't be more practical for parking, to give a littel more angle to the camera so the bumper would be visible along the whole bottom of the screen?

I 've been looking for such a small one. The smallest i ve found is this: -click-

item number: 310091898140

But i am not sure it will fit where you put it...

That one looks OK. Not so sure on the first one though.

Wozza's is nice, I'd be looking for something similar. Though not fitted my screen yet, these things will have to wait.

• 3 weeks later...

I ve put mine in one of the tail lights really easy to do only took me 20 mins

You wouldn't have a picture of it mate, would you ?

Yeah i will try and get one for you i have just ordered a new rear light from lexus

so i will be getting rid of the old one going to have a go at putting the camera in the

boot lid where the key hole is?

How do you load the pics up on to the site? lol

Sorry for the late reply guys

what size is yours :whistling: and where did you get it, your looks the biz mate.

Tommy

I will PM you cost/contact details shortly.

Where did you get this camera? Is something like this on ebay? What is the viewing angle?

.....i am not sure it will fit where you put it...

See below about why it was sited there....

The Camera Viewing Angle : D:150°/H:105°/V:83°

I will PM you cost/contact details shortly. Unsure about any E-Bay availability, the camera cost about £90

which might sound like a lot, but it is very small, and the picture quality is very good.

This is what it looks like before fitting

reversecameraud.jpg

and after fitting

ReverseCameraCloseUp.jpg

From a distance the camera is pretty much invisible....

ReverseCamera4.jpg

Specifications are as follows

Viewing Angle : D:150°/H:105°/V:83°

Size : Ø 20mm x 27(L)mm

Image Sensor : 1/4” CCD sensor

Minimum Illumination : 0.3 Lux/F1.2

Power Current : 95mA

Power Supply : DC 12V

Operating Temperature : -30˚c ~ +70˚c

And one small observation. Bumper is just visible to the left of your screen. Wouldn't be more practical for parking, to give a little more angle to the camera so the bumper would be visible along the whole bottom of the screen?

The lens has a very slight fish eye effect at the edges due to it's very wide angle,

The camera is positioned such so a horiontal line behind the car is displayed asa horizontal line,

and if someone is standing directly behind the car in a crucifix position, their arms are horizontal

and parallel to the road surface.

What you have to remember is the IS200 boot has a shaped plastic cover over the lock and this also contains the number plate lights. This is why the camera has to be offset. I did consider removing the lock but the required

down view angle couldn't be achieved, and didn't want to run the risk of the cable snapping.

so i will be getting rid of the old one going to have a go at putting the camera in the

boot lid where the key hole is ?

I'd suggest against that as a members release cable snapped the other day, plus the downward view

would be fairly restricted as the camera would be completely horizontal.....

This means you would have nothing other than an image getting bigger to gauge the distance from an object,

rather than as mine is (all I have to do is keep it in sight and I know I won't touch it).

Look at this picture of the Transit behind me, notice the number plate is completely level.....

Rear1.jpg

Hope this helps ya

i have my camera positioned how you were saying witht he edge of the bumper on the screen it is helpfull but i feel it doesnt give enough view behind so will be udjusting mine in due course

i wouldnt remove the lock its there for a reason in my eyes and cables do weaken over time if it snapped the boot would be shut unless u can get through the ski hatch even then i imagine its hard to open still lol

I'd suggest against that as a members release cable snapped the other day, plus the downward view

would be fairly restricted as the camera would be completely horizontal.....

This means you would have nothing other than an image getting bigger to gauge the distance from an object,

rather than as mine is (all I have to do is keep it in sight and I know I won't touch it).

No it was that his missus had just locked the boot with the key.

Looks like a nice set up.

How does the camera connect to screen? (Can not see the eBay add at the mo as it's blocked on my works PC).

Is there anything needed to get the sat nav screen to accept the camera signal? - some sort of interface etc?

Always wondered about getting the stock sat nav screen to show signals from a DVD player or PS2 or something - is this possible?

Cheers

TM

Looks like a nice set up.

How does the camera connect to screen? (Can not see the ebay add at the mo as it's blocked on my works PC).

Is there anything needed to get the sat nav screen to accept the camera signal? - some sort of interface etc?

Always wondered about getting the stock sat nav screen to show signals from a DVD player or PS2 or something - is this possible?

See my I.C.E thread for more details HERE, I bought a Sat-Nav housing froma written off Altezza,

cut out the aperture to suit a new Kenwood LCD screen. I have a bespoke custom video

switching system to integrate the DVD Changer, Front & Reverse cameras, which also

switches from the viewed source, directly to the Reverse camera when Reverse Gear is selected.

The reverse camera has a male Phono/RCA/AV lead to output the feed, this goes into my Video switch.

If you have the Lexus Sat-Nav fitted to your car .......

LOC member Roheel had a company do a coversion so he can use a Reverse Camera and a Veba DVD player,

but there were some ghosting problems when playing DVD's. Not good enough for me, but he is quite happy.

Maybe send him a PM for some details of the work he had done. If anyone wants a car dvd player I have

a Veba DVD player for sale for £30.

I beleve this company can help with getting TV/DVD etc on to your sat nav screen

http://soarer.tv

therefore a reversing camera will also work. Bet it costs though!! I am sure Wozza can enlighten us.

Unsure who Roheel used for his, but it is deffo possible (though probably quite costly).

REDS UK has done a conversion on his standard lexus setup? works very well from what i saw of it at the last midlands meet i went to, He has his PS2 wired up to it as we were watching a dvd on it when he showed me how it worked? and the pic quality was very good for the standard screen :)

REDS UK has done a conversion on his standard lexus setup? works very well from what i saw of it at the last midlands meet i went to, He has his PS2 wired up to it as we were watching a dvd on it when he showed me how it worked? and the pic quality was very good for the standard screen :)

its a nice set up hes got all together

Did he sort out the sound problem with it ? By that I mean I knew he had a successful video switch,

but didn't think he had sorted the audio switching with the OE head unit yet ?

(which was why I hadn't mentioned it)

yeah all sorted i think,hes changed the headunit again and last time i seen it it was working fine

I meant intergrating the video switching, with sound source switching & the OE Head Unit,

which then would be a total solution (what these guys are after).

A video only system would be useful if you were only adding a reverse camera, not if you wanted

DVD or PS2 etc....

Re Redz I didn't know he had a different Head Unit (never been in his car)

I meant intergrating the video switching, with sound source switching & the OE Head Unit,

which then would be a total solution (what these guys are after).

A video only system would be useful if you were only adding a reverse camera, not if you wanted

DVD or PS2 etc....

Re Redz I didn't know he had a different Head Unit (never been in his car)

oh sorry cant remember now

there never was a 'sound problem' i just didnt need one personally. oem VideoIN is a full working video unit.. i did start a thread asking who was interested as i had loads of PM's when i was workin on it as did geoffers but now i have it working there were no takers!!

The audio routing into an oem hu is easiest through a decent fm mdoulator or through either one of the grom units that does aux in. The grom would prob give best sound quality (have never heard one though) but i think on the standard HU a good FM modulator would be fine.

this way would prob cost circa £180...

I changed my HU just before the Ace Cafe meet.. didnt really need to but it did all the AV switching in needed in one box and also gave me a better navigation unit!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links