Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just purchased an ex-demonstrator GS450H. It is the face lift version and was registered in January 08. I took it back to the dealer today (Guildford) as the reversing camera image did not have the park assist guidance lines. Depites the sales documentation and the user manual saying that the car has it, I am being told that it has been discontinued. Can anybody tell me if this is correct? Does anybody have a new GS450H that has it?

Many thanks

The GS has had a facelift? I didn't know that.

Those parking lines are essential in my opinion. I can't see any reason to discontinue them.

When you select reverse, there should be an icon at each bottom corner of the screen. You can select parallel park or bay parking by pressing the icons, and I think you can toggle the lines on and off. Mine works OK, so if you really can't live without it, I am prepared to swap my 06 for your 08. ;)

Colin,

Its incredible how little dealers know, I was demonstrating to a salesman the voice activation feature when I first tried the car - he didnt even know the feature existed!

I know it can't be easy keeping up to date on all the features of the cars in a range, but saying its been discontinued rather than - I am not sure and will check - is ridiculous.

I would look in the handbook, details of the feature are in the navigation book, if its mentioned there then it should be on the car, I also think its a useful feature and can't beleive (even for cost cutting reasons) they would drop it.

Also I was in a brand new IS recently and that had the feature.

Regards

Keith

The GS has had a facelift? I didn't know that.

Those parking lines are essential in my opinion. I can't see any reason to discontinue them.

When you select reverse, there should be an icon at each bottom corner of the screen. You can select parallel park or bay parking by pressing the icons, and I think you can toggle the lines on and off. Mine works OK, so if you really can't live without it, I am prepared to swap my 06 for your 08. ;)

Its a slight facelift - most instantly noticeable difference are the signal indicators on the wing mirrors. The front grill is different as well if you look closely enough!

My Oct 08 GS has it. One of the primary, if trivial, reasons I bought the car!

Mine doesn't either though...

Another thing it doesn't seem to have is the ability to set the distance before the parking sensors kick in. Before, there used to be 2 settings to select.

D.

Colin,

Its incredible how little dealers know, I was demonstrating to a salesman the voice activation feature when I first tried the car - he didnt even know the feature existed!

I went into Lexus Edinburgh the other day to see if someone could give me an idea how the guidelines worked on the 250 MM for parallel parking. They did not have a clue. Truly bizarre......

has the rattles been fixed on the face lifted models?

What rattles, it's not an IS250... :) :)

I had some rattles. One was behind the dash, and a very creaky driver's seat. I could almost live with the dash rattle, but Lexus at Sheffield were like a dog with a bone. They seem to have gone to great lengths to get to the problem, even after I said I could live with it. They took the whole dash out and re-insulated and touching plastic parts behind the dash. I think it was maybe due to a previous dash removal that hadn't been put back properly (not by Lexus Sheffield, I should say).

The seat creak (very annoying), was apparently a known problem, and they fitted a part to the seat. I now feel like I'm driving a luxury car. I hadn't realised how much effect the background creaks had been having. Well done Lexus Sheffield.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links