Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d - Changing Oil Fliter

Ok so I changed the oil and filter at the weekend, not much of a job and all went well....... or so T thought The replacement filter came with 2 rubber O rings, one large one small. When I took off the old filter I swapped out the large O ring on the casing for the new one but search as I did there was no small O ring between the filter housing and the filter itself when stripping it so I put the new filter back without the smaller of the new new O rings.

This evening my wife tells me the low oil warning light keeps coming on intermittently however the dipstick is showing full (slightly overfull infact). Should the small O ring have gone on, where exactly does it go (between filter and casing or filter and block) and why would it show low oil level if the dipstick still shows full? Ideas?

DB

I have changed 2 times already and the toyota part came with only the big oil seal ,so unless this is a generic part that is different i cant help.

just realised this is the 220d...........sorry mine is different engine 250 petrol

Can I ask which brand of filter you used? My 220d was serviced in our workshop last week and we purchased Blue print filters. Mine only had the 1 o ring for the cap/housing. Saying that the oil change was a doddle compared to the stupid location of the fuel filter!!!!!

Would it have anything to do with resetting the Oil trip meter on the ODO meter

or on the MM system was it set in the maintenance, does that need resetting ???

Just a thought

I do have a workshop manual( CD) for the 220D and 250

might say in there

Matt

i do have a picture PM me and i will send info

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links